Search results for query: *

1. MachDragonX

Rate the last game you played

Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) I'm going to break this review up into two parts – one for the campaign, the other for the multiplayer. But before I delve into them, a few new things have been added to the series via this game that I want to highlight and discuss, as I feel are positive additions to...
  2. MachDragonX

Resident Evil 5 – 7.8/10 I have mixed feelings about this game... On one hand, I don't think this game deserves to be lumped in with Resident Evil 6 as one of the worst games in the series – I feel it is closer to Resident Evil 4 in many respects than it is to RE6 – but on the other hand, it is...
  3. MachDragonX

Alan Wake (Xbox 360) – 9.2/10 I had no expectations for this game prior to actually playing it, but boy, once I did I was shocked how much I enjoyed it. The only thing I knew about Alan Wake was that it was made by Remedy Entertainment, the same developers who made Quantum Break. And there are...
  4. MachDragonX

Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox One) – 8.5/10 A surprisingly good game, albeit a little too short. When this game first came out a lot of people viewed it as more of a tech demo designed to show off the Xbox One's graphical capabilities than anything, but that sells the game short. There's actually a...
  5. MachDragonX

Quantum Break (Xbox One) – 9/10 This was a much anticipated title for the Xbox One, and while it has some flaws, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The time manipulation powers are super fun, the graphics are good, and the story was pretty good too, although it can be hard to follow and has some plot...
  6. MachDragonX

Resident Evil Zero HD (Xbox One) – 6/10 I could write an essay on the problems I had with this game, but I'll try to keep this review relatively short. If I had to describe Resident Evil Zero in just a handful of words to a person who never played it before, I'd call it "clunky," "tedious," and...
  7. MachDragonX

Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360) – 9 out of 10 Objectively speaking I think it is better than the first game, but it suffers from a lot of fluff and is more cinematic in its presentation than either of its predecessors. Why I needed to play as Cole searching for supplies in his hometown for a...
  8. MachDragonX

Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360) – 9.5 out of 10 Definitely one of the better shooters I've played. It doesn't have any 'Call of Duty-style' hand-holding (where you are essentially playing an interactive movie) or 'run and gun' game play like Halo. Instead, utilizing cover effectively and being aware...
  9. MachDragonX

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) – 9/10 It doesn't quite live up to its predecessor in terms of quality, but it still contains and improves upon many of its strengths. The tomb challenges are varied and interesting, the graphics are beautiful, and the combat has been refined with many more...
  10. MachDragonX

Resident Evil HD Remaster (Xbox One) – 10/10 An oldie but goodie and one of my favorite games ever. I own multiple copies across several different systems and have played the game more times than I can count, but it never gets old. The remastered graphics look great, revealing more visual...
  11. MachDragonX

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (Xbox One) – 10/10 Incredible! I never played a Tomb Raider game before this one, but boy I am glad I gave it a try. I thought that a survival action game like this would be right up my alley, and I was right. I had so much fun playing this game. The graphics...
  12. MachDragonX

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Xbox One) I'll start off this review by pointing out that the first Revelations game is one of my top 5 favorite games ever. It blended the best elements of the original Resident Evil with the best elements of Resident Evil 4, the result of which was a true Resident...
  13. MachDragonX

Halo 3 – 8/10 This game arguably has the best combat and gameplay in the series. However the story doesn't hold up IMO. To me it felt like the "Return of the Jedi" or "The Dark Knight Rises" of the Halo series – a good installment, but one that feels like a rehash of old story ideas rather than...
  14. MachDragonX

Halo 2: Anniversary Edition (Xbox One): 9.2/10 Now this is more like it. Halo 2 feels much more refined than the original – a truly modern FPS. The characters are more fleshed out, the story is very good, and the weapons and combat are some of the best I have experienced in a video game. The...
  15. MachDragonX

Halo: Combat Evolved: 8.5/10 Maybe I'm not as impressed by this game because it hasn't aged well, or maybe it is because a large amount of its appeal lies in its multiplayer, but I wasn't really "wowed" by this game. The gameplay is definitely outstanding and deserves a 10/10, but I never felt...
  16. MachDragonX

I recently finished playing The Last of Us. It did not disappoint: Visuals: I played the PS3 version, but even without the remastered visuals this game is gorgeous. One of the best looking video games I've ever played. The characters' faces and clothing were super-detailed, and the locations...
  17. MachDragonX

So I just completed The Evil Within. Since being released over 6 months ago, the game has drawn a lot of comparisons to Resident Evil 4 and for good reason – both games were Directed by Shinji Mikami, the creator of Resident Evil series. As a Resident Evil fan I decided to give The Evil Within a...
Back
Top Bottom