Search results for query: *

1. MachDragonX

Moves & abilities that need buffing/nerfing

Not "buffed," just balanced in a different way. I agree with Zeb and pretty much everyone else that HJK is balanced as it currently is, I just don't agree that taking 50% of your Pokemon's health when the move misses is necessarily the best way to balance it, especially considering that other...
  2. MachDragonX

Risk management and tool preservation are parts of the game. If I use a move like Overheat, I absolutely know that I'm going to have to switch out next turn, and can plan accordingly. Versus HJK's recoil, where it's completely random, is a lot tougher to plan around, not in theory, but in...
  3. MachDragonX

@Zeb We're not talking about RNG in general, we're talking about it being used in a very unique and particular context that no other move or component of the game utilizes. The fact that no other high powered move needs to resort to punishing the player by making them lose half their HP...
  4. MachDragonX

That's overly simplistic. There are plenty of situations where you have no choice but to use a certain move, otherwise you will lose or be put in a very compromised position with a high probability of losing. Like I alluded to before, I agree with your sentiment that the move is balanced, but...
  5. MachDragonX

Your points are all true and valid, but the difference is that for moves like Leaf Storm and Overheat the risk/reward is under the players control, whereas with HJK it isn't. It takes away from the skillfulness of the game when such a damaging side effect is completely random. Losing 50% of your...
  6. MachDragonX

Overheat and Leaf Storm don't cause you to lose half your HP due to RNG. I agree that it needs to have some deterrent, but losing half your HP due to luck isn't ideal. Maybe receiving recoil equal to 1/3rd of the damage inflicted, or dropping the Attack stat each time HJK is used, so that it's...
  7. MachDragonX

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Scald, which is probably the most broken move in the game. The 30% chance is way too high and in many situations it can decide the outcome of battles. I think it either needs to be nerfed to 60 BP with a 20% chance to burn (similar to how Water Pulse works)...
Back
Top Bottom