Search results for query: *

1. M

Neverending Romance -- The Shipping List Revival

My current project for the list has taken me to the most random, obscure part of the Pokemon canon I can imagine. 20 years ago, Transfinite created a name with characters from this random Scholastic book, and Archaic accepted it onto the list. That means it's fair game, I guess, and I can't help...
  2. M

Well, this is pretty funny. Hero of Ideals & Zekrom is already named on the list. But, it's already named KurokiShipping. So uhh, submission is rejected because it's already accepted, I guess.
  3. M

This is a known duplicate, addressed and added here on June 2 2021: though, with the untouchables list returning, I may reconsider whether FallerShipping - Looker & Anabel and SpiceShipping - Kiawe & Mallow ought to be in the alternates section or on the main list. FallerShipping has a better...
  4. M

Just so you both know, rarepairs are first-to-file as they've always been. If you two want to work something out, be my guest, but otherwise it'll go to the first post barring extenuating circumstances.
  5. M

This isn't actually a tiny error, name order issues are a priority for the exact reason you described. Thanks for pointing it out! This second issue about titles is a known problem and one I've been considering for a while, though it will be a significant task in any case. There are well over...
  6. M

As I said before, right now Horizons names are deferred much like PLA and SV names were, meaning you can still submit them but they won't be added yet (and I'd appreciate if people note if a name is from Horizons). There's no special ban like there was with SV before Jan 1 2023, so you can...
  7. M

Post 100 update! Finally, I want to announce that the untouchables section will likely return in the near-future, and with it, a possible solution to issues related to offensive ship names and the balance between moderation and documentation. For those unaware, the untouchables section has...
  8. M

Great observations, thank you! With seemingly no real-world usage for any of the conflicting names outside of their namers, EstrellarShipping and SecretSweetsShipping will remain because they were the first to file. It seems like the Kendra names all originated from Shadechu. I'm not sure if...
  9. M

I appreciate it, thank you! Your submissions were actually easier to process than I expected (mostly because I stopped trying to thoroughly vet them lol). Most of them are rarepairs that I doubt there will be any conflicts with, and honestly, I'm more concerned about there being a completely...
  10. M

Hi everyone, sorry for the long absence. I've been dealing with a family emergency for several months and haven't had much free time. We do have an update now, which I'm sure has been long-awaited for some. Fortunately, everything seems to have continued well while I was gone. Part of the reason...
  11. M

This sounds like a great time to mention this on no uncertain terms: All Horizons-related names will be getting a mass deferral until further notice. You can submit them and they'll be assigned first-come first-serve as usual for rarepairs, but real-world names will take priority as usual. Roy x...
  12. M

Both of them have been around since 2006 if not earlier, and they both seem equally valid in usage. I'd say use whichever you like better
  13. M

these are my favorite posts tbh. I'll go down everything in order, let's see Thanks for pointing this out! It's apparently been there since December of 2013, when the name was listed. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but it's one of those weird character issues that's been floating around...
  14. M

This is indeed how you name a ship lol. PLA names are still a work in progress, but assuming this pairing hasn't already been named, you're free to name it. Both of those names seem free as well. If it is free, which name would you like?
  15. M

This one has kind of a funny history. It was actually submitted on Serebii all the way back in December 2019, and rejected in the update a few days later because of the conflict and minimal usage. I still believe that was the correct decision at the time in 2019, but there does seem to have been...
  16. M

The Shipping Wiki isn't generally something I use as an authoritative source (actual activity on sites like Tumblr and Twitter are far more important) but I'll have a look at their discussion pages to see if they raised any strong evidence for it. Sometimes they list the most popular names for a...
  17. M

I'd generally shy away from minor/one letter variations to get around a listing, but I think the risk of confusion is pretty low in this case, especially if you want to stylize it as AperillaShipping instead of APerillaShipping. I'll also mention UnaPerillaShipping as an option too, if you like...
  18. M

We don't technically need explanations for shipping names but I bet there will be someone searching for it someday who will definitely appreciate it. Nothing is official until an update, but given that 3 people have independently brought this name to me now and there seems to be quite a bit of...
  19. M

this is the single greatest post in this thread. pack it in boys, it's over. No but seriously, this list is so insanely helpful. I can't even begin to explain. This is literally dozens of real world names that I doubt we would've had otherwise. I can't imagine I would've found all of them...
  20. M

Happy new year to everyone! SV pairings are now open for submission and I see some of you didn't wait long after the clock struck midnight lol Collecting names with real-world usage is the first priority, and if anyone has any knowledge of these names, it will be greatly appreciated! While not...
Back
Top Bottom