Search results for query: *

1. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

I said it was a stalemate, though. I just added a light slap on the wrist to town at the end (because, again, getting down to only one surviving mafioso is perfectly normal and happens more often than not, but getting down to just one surviving townie means you've completely squandered the one...
  2. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

I disagree - boiling down to one remaining mafioso isn't unusual or shameful, and mafia wins in scenarios with only one remaining mafioso all the time. By comparison, this one unusual scenario is one of the only times when town could conceivably avoid losing with only one townie left. One townie...
  3. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

Win for mafia, in spirit, really boils down to "Last man standing." If the game reaches a point where nothing and no one can prevent you from achieving this, you have won. Everyone dying is essentially a stalemate, although really, if the Town let it get that far they really deserve to lose.
  4. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

X-shot passive roles would obviously be a different scenario, but if things haven't changed around here in my absence, those are far more common on other sites.
  5. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

It would irresponsible hosting to call the game automatically, as there is a wide variety of potential outcomes including the ones you noted. Always: "When in doubt, play it out."
  6. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

So, to principalize your game theory: Townies are natural, Scum sometimes sound forced.
  7. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

So it sounds like it's really this "tone" you keep talking about that's consistently reliable for you, then - what do you qualify as a townie tone?
  8. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

I guess what I find interesting is, while I agree that scum are more likely to fall apart under pressure (though townies still do it), my experience has been the exact opposite of yours regarding consistency: Townies have a bad habit of being horribly, horribly inconsistent (Why? Because they...
  9. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

So, in the context of the question "what ultimately separates townies from scum?" you find scum to fall apart and be inconsistent, while townies keep it together and are consistent?
  10. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

> LAST LOGIN: THURS JUN 13 19:32:11 BY PAPERHORSE > INITIATE THREAD NECROMANCY PROTOCOL? YES > THREAD REVIVAL PROGRESS: 100% What is your scumhunting philosophy? i.e. At the end of the day, what do you believe ultimately separates townies from scum, and how do discern it?
  11. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

1. What is something you learned recently from a game you won? 2. What is something you learned recently from a game you lost?
  12. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

It's not obvious if you are consistent. I always tell my cops they will receive "a result" rather than "your target's alignment" and phrase their result as "Appears to be Town," etc. I'm very careful because I think the players should be able to trust the Host. If it's too much trouble, then I...
  13. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

It's a matter of good will between the Host and the player - players should be able to trust their Host (especially in their Role PM). There are a lot of ways that the Host can manipulate the game and mislead players without the players ever finding out, but that doesn't mean they should. Hosts...
  14. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

The only problem I have with this situation is that it creates a scenario where the Host is lying to a player - in their Role PM. If you tell someone that their ability has a random consequence, but that consequence is not in fact random, you have deceived them. You might as well just tell them...
  15. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

If it is reasonably possible for any faction to win the game given the information available to them and the abilities/mechanics at their disposal, then the setup should remain as-is; regardless of one faction annihilating another. If anything, the game balance may be off, but honestly, in any...
  16. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

Once you've designed the roles, rules, and mechanics and the game has officially started, the Host should step back and enjoy the show - they should do nothing further to impact the course of the game except as an emergency step in response to a game-breaking Host-error (for instance...
  17. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

I guess the problem I have with Meta-tells like this one is that they're so subjective... how does one quantify aggression?
  18. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

No, it isn't scummy. The problem is that most people interpret, "strange," or, "unexplainable," as scummy. The truth is that when someone does something that you can't make sense of, they're probably a Vanilla Townie who feels comfortable trying out new gambits because they have little to lose...
  19. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

I would give a True or False, because I value that sort of check over the sort I mentioned above - the "No" you mentioned is the player actually claiming they aren't Mafia, so in my opinion it's more in the spirit of the Lie Detector role to allow that.
  20. Master Mew

Mafia Philosophy

^ I check for context - it prevents the player from exploiting statements like this one: By checking the context, I prevent the Lie Detector from pulling this phrase from the above quote to check: I would reply, "I don't know," because I don't know if Master Mew really nightkills null...
Back
Top Bottom