Search results for query: *

1. Matthew Clerkin

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Fair enough. Got to stop listening to fish brain in the middle of the night
  2. Matthew Clerkin

Idk. Semantic differences aside, dynamaxing feels like the Galar form of the totem Pokemon with psuedoscience lore explanation straight out of r/iamverysmart
  3. Matthew Clerkin

You could also argue that z moves and megas were also intentionally overexaggerated. Doing that for three generations in a row is just unnecessary repetition.
  4. Matthew Clerkin

I'm geninuely curious about what parts of dynamaxing people find "asethetically great", because dynamax's current aesthetics are one of the biggest things that I despise about the mechanic. The garish pinkish red aura is visually discomforting (especially in the raid areas) to look at and I...
  5. Matthew Clerkin

No. Legendaries and psuedo are not the same as battle gimmicks because they are able to use battle gimmicks themselves. If they followed your logic they'd be battle gimmick squared.
  6. Matthew Clerkin

I'll second this but add on that I can't even enjoy the designs of Gigantimaxs because of how ugly and discomforting to my eyes the garish red aura is for me. Why couldn't they have made the mechanic a more pleasant color such as blue or white? It also doesn't help that the clouds look...
  7. Matthew Clerkin

I mean, the 20 minute time limit with wifi battles would prevent you from waiting that long
  8. Matthew Clerkin

Genius Senority got double battles working fine with relatively scaled Pokemon and cool camera angles so it is clearly doable, but I guess it is too much to ask for when it cuts down on the games' massive profit margin.
  9. Matthew Clerkin

Isn't that what it's like when a dynamax Pokemon fights a non dynamaxed Pokemon. That sounds like proper scaling with extra steps
  10. Matthew Clerkin

I mean the Coliseum games and Battle Revolution were able to make the Pokemon properly scaled in battle with much better animations and all of the Overworld models are scaled properly so they could have done it. 400 pokemon being properly scaled is more than reasonable
  11. Matthew Clerkin

Let's Go wasn't developed from the ground up. It is an offshoot of the gen 7 games that retains partial information of the Pokemon from Gen 2 thru 7 and even has information on all of the Pokemon's level up moves, egg moves, Evs and abilities including Meltan and Melmetal (Meltan has Clear Body...
  12. Matthew Clerkin

My problem is with dynamax's "strategy" is that the costless nature of the mechanic kills a lot of strategy outside of the mechanic and forces the player to operate under the selection of set effects offered by max moves. Like others have said before, Gamefreak balanced the game around dynamax...
  13. Matthew Clerkin

Conversely, as someone who has not been a big fan of the regional battle gimmicks, dynamaxing is one of the things that is keeping me from getting the game at all. Aesethectically, I hate the garish red aura of dynamaxing and the clouds that look like turds. Mechanically, dynamax might be...
  14. Matthew Clerkin

I'm disappointed that my fears of Dynamxing being even more centralizing than z moves and megas were well founded (at least in singles). Its gotten to the point where a bunch of people on Smogon are pushing for the mechanic to being banned to Ubers.
  15. Matthew Clerkin

I would be fine with using dynamaxing in couple of gyms, but dont like the thought of competitive battles being centered around or potential post game features being cut for a battle gimmick that is probably gonna be gone in the next generation. If we have to have a battle gimmick, at least...
  16. Matthew Clerkin

Remember that might be one of the things we might be sacrificing a full Pokedex if they had to make separate models for them. Mega Gallade might have died to replace the Charizard pandering that they removed because they couldn't be bothered to balance the problem megas. This is on top of all...
  17. Matthew Clerkin

Completely removing the team building aspects of dynamaxing also limits the potential for any Pokemon to rise up using said mechanic as they need to be functional without Dynamaxing. Sure the effects of the max moves can help with building themed team but it is such a linear way and it is far...
  18. Matthew Clerkin

That whole give every Pokemon access to something sounds great in theory, but in reality it will most likely end with the already strong Pokemon using the max moves most effectively or certain max moves being better than others and therefore favored.
  19. Matthew Clerkin

That's not far off from how Super Mystery Dungeon handled megas
  20. Matthew Clerkin

Volcarana's Pokedex entry says its fires served as replacement to the sun when an area was blanketed in volcanic ash. By your logic, it should be a ghost type, but it obviously isn't one because that would be nonsensical.
Back
Top Bottom