Search results for query: *

1. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

I get what you're saying. but if we're counting Dot as one of the major protagonists for Horizons, then you might as well count Friede too since he appears just as much as she does in major story arcs, if not more.
  2. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

Controversially, I think a gym challenge (or Trials, in this case) could work as the focus of a 50 episode arc that feeds into a larger 145 - 150 episode story. But for an entire generation of material to be squeezed into 50 episodes? No way.
  3. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

I don't mind if they portray Liko and Roy as being awful at battling, but I agree, the lack of battles in this series is kind of annoying. Even just wild Pokémon battles appearing more frequently would greatly enhance the overall series. Hell, it would help both characters grow as trainers too.
  4. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

Just watched a few clips of the Horizons dub and I will controversially say it is worse than what we got with Journeys. There is no soul in the vocal delivery. Children deserve better.
  5. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

I feel like Serena's kiss goodbye to Ash was almost like her letting go of that part of her past and moving on to the next stage of her life. She found a new purpose and dream to chase with her partner Pokemon. At least, that's how I always saw things.
  6. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

I echo this sentiment. It doesn't matter how grandiose the concept was, the execution left much to be desired with the world tour and region-hopping format that felt all over the place. Actually, outside of Goh's existence, I think the biggest complaint about Journeys among fans was the lack of...
  7. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

I’m like 99% sure that post is not meant to be taken seriously but I can understand why it was.
  8. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

TBH, and maybe this is best for the games discussion thread, but the sheer ubiquity of legendary Pokemon in the games has done more to "downgrade Legendary Pokemon" and make them feel less special more than the anime ever has. If anything, the anime still emphasizes those mythical...
  9. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

True true. Bianca had an interesting backstory in the games that was briefly touched upon in the games - I wonder why the series didn't flesh that out a bit more? No, I wouldn't consider her a major rival tbh. Her appearances were mostly comic relief in nature, but she was still enjoyable...
  10. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

Wait wasn't Casey technically Ash's 1st recurring female rival?
  11. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

TBH if they had to make someone's partner Pokemon an Eevee, Go was right there lol. Would have made more sense with the whole "dual-protagonist" thing but whatever. I guess OLM and the suits really want Eevee to stick with female companions for whatever reason.
  12. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

This 100%. Like don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see underappreciated characters like iris and diantha there, but the other half of the slots just seems too predictable in my opinion. I would've loved to see the anime build up to this final tournament in a more fulfilling way with new and old...
  13. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

I just wish the world tournament aspect was more thought out. This isn't even controversial in the slightest, but since these episodes aren't really adapted from a game source, they might as well have gone all out with it. Even with all the recent focus episodes and discourse about the upcoming...
  14. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

I think the anime has proven many times that Pokémon don’t have to evolve out of battle experience so that doesn’t bother me so much. If a significant life event or moment triggers something in a Pokémon to get stronger (and, evolve), then I think the new addition is justified, even if it goes...
  15. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

Yeah I wish they approached iris differently in the BW anime. Maybe make her a gym leader-in training and have her arc revolve around the training and challenges she has to undergo to get that title, with the climax occurring with her certification exam or something. And of course, more dragons...
  16. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

I actually disagree, I think Ash could’ve functioned as mentor-like figure and still possess those immature qualities as both he and Wally (and of course May) would grow as the series went on. The whole idea would be that Ash could see his own insecurities in younger or more inexperienced...
  17. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

He would’ve been a great mentor. And we probably would’ve got some heartfelt scenes between the two, particularly with Wally overcoming his struggles with his friends by his side.
  18. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

Wait the more I think about it, the more I would've loved Wally in the RSE anime :bulbaLove: I don't even know if Max would be necessary in the group, but just the idea of Wally going through a journey with Ash and May would've been cool to see.
  19. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

Yeah...no offense to the fans but sharing ideas here is very different from writing for a show. Not disagreeing with the argument that the writing is poor this series (I think most people here would agree to the point that it could be considered controversial otherwise), but there is a technical...
  20. Mr. MoonStone

Controversial opinions

Goh is an interesting character that is hindered by poor writing choices and a terrible catching gimmick. I've been watching episodes here and there and have actually grown to like the kid.
Back
Top Bottom