1. Mr. MoonStone

Pokémon Horizons General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Maybe a hint for
  2. Mr. MoonStone

So...what happened to Wattrel? :confused:
  3. Mr. MoonStone

Still kind of surprised they didn’t give Goh an Eevee as a starter but alas, different series altogether lol.
  4. Mr. MoonStone

I don't mind the opening. It doesn't necessarily stand out to me though, particularly when you compare it to the other openings, but it was enjoyable. I wonder if there's a chance the English dub will modernize things a bit and not change the score/opening and ending credits like they've done in...
  5. Mr. MoonStone

Is there any reason to believe that he would? I know he wants to battle them, but I don't think I've read anything about Roy catching them.
  6. Mr. MoonStone

I think it’s clear that the new anime wants to be an independent thing from the games and previous anime. Not that the three can’t be connected, but I’d imagine the lack of game characters in this series so far is a conscientious decision made on OLM’s part. As much as I’d love to see a Paldea...
  7. Mr. MoonStone

Honestly, I’m super excited for this new series. the trailer looked great and I’m ready for a new chapter in the series. Maybe the professor gets Quaxley, or it’ll be a main character wild Pokémon?
  8. Mr. MoonStone

I don’t think I was talking about the writing in Aim to Be a Pokémon Master though? And despite it’s writing, it still feels more like a send off with the obvious nods to Ash’s Pokémon and companions than the bulk of Journeys.
  9. Mr. MoonStone

I think the bigger reason the PWC was so poorly handled likely had to do with the series taking an episodic approach as opposed to a more overarching plot. Had the series focused on creating mini-arcs, character-driven stories, and less random detours, I think the series would have been...
  10. Mr. MoonStone

Really, really not happy about the possibility of this being a Journeys 2.0 but I'll reserve full judgement until the first few episodes come out. I just don't see the appeal of revisiting regions we've already seen (outside of Galar) unless the overarching plot really does something special...
  11. Mr. MoonStone

Anyways, I'm excited for something fresh and new in the Pokemon anime universe. I'm hoping the new entry is a good mix of character driven stories with an overarching plot that is clear from the start. It's Pokemon so it's bound to have its pacing issues here and there (especially when new...
  12. Mr. MoonStone

Since when? What kind of cartoons have you been watching :unsure: Furthermore, you wouldn't have to worry about that in a Scarlet/Violet adaptation since the one dimensional antagonist that delights in tormenting the MC doesn't exist in the games anyway. That angle has absolutely nothing to...
  13. Mr. MoonStone

Between the Team Star plot and the final twist in Area Zero, the Team Star plot seems to be the easier to adapt. I mean, school bullying is hardly new territory for children's cartoons, I don't see why the Pokémon anime can't adapt that story with all the subtext and drama intact.
  14. Mr. MoonStone

I remember reading about her being involved with a covid-19 scam around the first year of the pandemic, but I don't think that ever went anywhere. I doubt that has anything to do with the new series.
  15. Mr. MoonStone

You don't think there's going to be plot happening in the other 8 regions?
  16. Mr. MoonStone

Wait has it been confirmed that they will be region-hopping like in Journeys? I assumed that was just fan interpenetration of the promotional blurb.
  17. Mr. MoonStone

The series doesn't have to be in the same continuity to still play with nostalgia motifs. I mean, look at the games and the many references to both the gen 1 games and anime.
  18. Mr. MoonStone

But this is operating under the assumption that the new anime won't have any nostalgia-bait. Even with the new protagonists, unless the anime production team changes completely, I can almost guarantee there's going to be references to the OG anime season and series. It's also way too early to...
  19. Mr. MoonStone

There’s so much misinformation spreading around right now. It’s going to be hell to navigate the PokeAni community until March and April lol.
  20. Mr. MoonStone

If this series ends up being Journeys 2.0…I don’t know how I’ll feel tbh.
Back
Top Bottom