Search results for query: *

1. Neo Blaze

Anime Your Unpopular Anime, Manga and J-Pop Opinions

I agree! I've watched a ton of shorter anime over the last 6 months or so (if you want recommendations let me know). I like them a lot since even though not all of them are necessarily great, they're easily digestible and not a big time investment like most longer anime. Plus, most shorter anime...
  2. Neo Blaze

Grand Blue (or Grand Blue Dreaming as it's known in the dub I believe) is pretty terrible in my opinion and I don't really understand why it's so popular and has such extremely high ratings. It's just a repetitive slew of unfunny cringe jokes about naked men, female body anatomy (let's put it...
  3. Neo Blaze

Digimon Adventure tri. was just a massive disappointment to me for a number of reasons and among my least favorite outings in the Digimon series. On the other hand, I think Digimon Adventure 2020 is underrated and deserves better ratings. It's definitely flawed but there have been some great...
  4. Neo Blaze

I have yet to encounter a truly godawful slice-of-life anime, but I can definitely see what you mean. It's not an easy genre to get right, and although it is one of my favorite genres in anime, not every SoL show works for me.
  5. Neo Blaze

I have a couple more: Not necessarily unpopular, but I think Hayao Miyazaki hasn't made a single bad film. Even his earliest film, Castle of Cagliostro, is great. His films vary in quality of course, but I personally don't think any of them are bad. While some people prefer Isao Takahata, I...
  6. Neo Blaze

I definitely respect that and more power to you. There's things about Nausicaä I really enjoy but I can easily see how it would turn some people off since it's fairly unconventional in a lot of things. Earwig is definitely something. Even if you put the mediocre CGI aside, it feels like a...
  7. Neo Blaze

I never understood the hype for Twilight Wings and I still don't. It was alright, but I genuinely don't see what's so special about it. I just couldn't really bring myself to care about any of the characters and the stories that were told. I personally don't think it holds a candle to some of...
  8. Neo Blaze

Out of curiosity, may I ask what makes it worse than Tales from Earthsea and Earwig and the Witch to you? I don't love Nausicaä myself but I personally think it still has a lot going for it. My issues with it mostly lie in the story, which is a mess. I've heard the manga (also made by Miyazaki)...
  9. Neo Blaze

In my opinion, most battle shonen anime are fastfood shows and not much more than that. They're the anime equivalent of big action blockbuster films; fun to sit back for and shove popcorn in your face, but if I'm looking for something more substantial and emotionally fulfilling I often find them...
  10. Neo Blaze

Pokémon-wise, I just didn't really care for I Choose You! and The Power of Us. I wanted to like them because the fandom seemed to lose their mind over them, but they just left me cold for the most part. I'm still keeping an open mind for Koko, but I've heard some mixed things on it so I'm kind...
Back
Top Bottom