Search results for query: *

1. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

Like I said in my post that was just a worse case scenario that isn't reflecting what is happening in the series, we can safely rule it out if things like the Arboluva battle keep happening.
  2. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

But...Pikachu hasn't done anything in the Paldea Arc, and in the Island Arc he did less than Sprigatito and Fuecoco, I think you're extrapolating his role in episodes 2&3 to the rest of the series, we should wait for the next Explorers battle to see how they fare. And even if Pikachu "keeps...
  3. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

To be honest, Sun & Moon had the same problems at this point. Yes, Ash had battled Hala but he went back to doing nothing afterwards. I don't really think that's true when the Paldea starters have 10000% more screentime than Pikachu himself. Yeah, it could be more diverse, but this is...
  4. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

Well, here's a few of mine, let's see if we can revive this thread. Misty is a great character. Some fans paint her as a generic angry girl but in reality she had a reason for behaving that way with her sisters being so careless, and she was more often supportive of Ash than she wasn't, and...
  5. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I agree, I didn't like many of the coloring changes in Journeys, them being based off the games doesn't make them good. Squirtle looks too bright, Ditto looks like a generic blob and Machoke looks...uncanny. I was planning on doing a thread at the time but then the changes stopped. What bothers...
  6. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I'm very, very tired of the "Will Ash leave?"/"Will Goh leave?"/"Will the anime continue?" debates. The 3rd one as alliviated a little through some semi-oficial statements, but the others keep going and going in circles with the same arguments for more than a month now. The thing is that I don't...
  7. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I'm still not convinced. Game characters that defeated Ash in a league: 0/6 Game characters that were beaten by Ash as his final victory in a league: 2/7 Not enough of a difference if you ask me. I'm sure Ash would have still beaten Brandon, Gladion, Kukui and Leon if they were anime...
  8. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

That's my problem with the argument, you have to add a lot of clauses for it to work. Ash didn't beat all gym leaders (Besides Maylene and Cheren there's Erika and Sabrina too), didn't beat all rivals (most were beaten by someone else), didn't beat all Elite 4 and champions for obvious reasons...
  9. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

So, during the past week I saw the argument that "Ash always wins against game characters" and I didn't really understood what people meant by that, as I don't think the distintion matters that much. Looking at the leagues: Kanto: The only game character is Gary, who is beaten unceremoniously...
  10. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I think the Adventures manga is both overrated and underrated at the same time. Overrated because is definitely not that different from the anime or the games, yeah it has more plot and slightly more drama but not to the point I'd classify it as a teenage series, it's similar to Avatar The Last...
  11. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I don't mind Ash's battle style, however I agree that specially as of late it feels exaggerated to the point planning looks completely useless: VS Raihan, some parts of VS Volkner, VS Rinto and earlier VS Sawyer and VS Nanu. There should be a balance, like how Ash was in DP, he pulled out his...
  12. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

Here we go again...Puns and cultural references make sense in English-speaking countries but not in the rest of the world, creating titles that sound awkward or unrelated to the episode in most countries. Maybe the best solution would be to have one title for the English version and another for...
  13. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

There's probably a timeskip of a few days or even weeks between XY122 and XY123, since it's unlikely that the group went from Snowbelle to the swamp in one night. I don't have a problem with Alain obtaining the badges quickly as much as the reason behind it since it reeks of bad planning.
  14. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

In JN004 Scorbunny was more of a younger brother, and in JN022 Raboot was more of a cooler friend. And none of the Pokemon it interacted with (Nickit, Lombre, Zigzagoon, etc.) joined the main cast.
  15. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I'd say it's the opposite. May and Serena worked because they were pampered girls who had to face many obstacles in their first adventure, whereas Chloe just kept going to school and has been around Pokemon as she always has. It doesn't feel like Ash and Goh's "new job" has impacted her life...
  16. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I'd have liked to see the Sevii Islands too, but it would have been hard for the animation team to constantly use new backgrounds constantly opposed to just using the classic forest and city backgrounds. Also, due to the fast pace of the arc most of the cool locations like Tanoby Ruins would...
  17. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

At this rate, both and 10 openings more will come first than the ending that finally replaces Shiritori lol.
  18. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

In one hand, people are free to latch onto whatever series they like, some people still love SM and many also had a hard time moving away from DP. But I also can see where are you coming from and those kinds of discussions can become really tiring, specially nowadays as XY had zero impact on...
  19. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I'm inclined to agree. The first episode had terrible pacing so the second episode had to be rushed because of that. Also I see a lot of people complaining about Alain suddenly getting a full team but no complaints about Kukui when he did the same, an offhand comment about they doing research is...
  20. Nicolas721

Controversial opinions

I disagree that Pokemon battles' role should be reduced. I get that action may not be everyone's cup of tea and that their result is predictable most of the time, but they can go hand in hand with a character's development and show their motivations, to give some examples: Paul vs Brandon, Dawn...
Back
Top Bottom