• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Nitro Indigo

Your controversial opinions

Nitpick: Gen 6. Aromatisse and Slurpuff are trade evolutions. Otherwise, I agree with you. I never really had the chance to trade Pokémon in Gen 4 as a kid, because I couldn't figure out the DS' wifi and we weren't allowed to take video games to school.
  2. Nitro Indigo

When I first played Ultra Moon, I expected Mina's trial to be in the postgame based on what I'd read on Bulbapedia. I'm pretty sure that's a popular opinion. I wonder if the implication was that people hadn't tried breeding Pokémon until relatively recently?
  3. Nitro Indigo

I'll never understand why they gave Bugsy a Kakuna and a Metapod. D I F F I C U L T Y. In fact, I think Bugsy should've been the first gym leader because Bug has a different relation with each starter type.
  4. Nitro Indigo

Speaking of which, "there are too many Pokémon" feels like a cheap nitpick. Lots of franchises have loads and loads of characters, but nobody feels obliged to remember all of them.
  5. Nitro Indigo

I don't agree with the theory that the Fire starters are all based on the Chinese Zoadiac. In fact, I don't think Game Freak should should have patterns for each type of starter became it would limit their creativity. Once I saw someone's starter Fakemon for an Australian region, which were a...
  6. Nitro Indigo

Also, I can't remember who was saying that the SM protagonist should've originally been from Alola, but if this makes you feel any better, it's implied that their mother is. She looks like the other "native Hawaiian" characters.
  7. Nitro Indigo

If I had a TV Tropes account, I'd propose a trope called Contrasting Sequel Setting, because this comes up in fiction a lot. Are you sure about that last part?
  8. Nitro Indigo

People say Manectric is based on the maned wolf, but it's based on Raijin, which can take the form of a regular wolf.
  9. Nitro Indigo

While Zoroark never caught on with Game Freak's marketing department, it's still one of the most popular Pokémon among furries, so it all worked out in the end.
  10. Nitro Indigo

People are reading too deep into the reason why there "isn't" a dolphin Pokémon. First of all, Kyogre is based on an orca, and don't say it doesn't count because it's a legendary. Secondly, I've seen someone on this forum say that it's because whaling is controversial in Japan... hence why there...
  11. Nitro Indigo

From a Watsonian perspective, wouldn't it make more sense to use Porygon for that? Rotom's whole shtick is interfering with tech, but Porygon is an AI. (From a Doylist perspective, the anime, but still.) Also, is it ever indicated in Masters that the Poryphones have Porygon in them? I was...
  12. Nitro Indigo

That reminds me, there's a series of YouTube videos talking about the designs of each generation of Pokémon, and he pointed out that most of the Gen 3 object Pokémon (eg: Shuppet, Chimecho) don't really look like objects.
  13. Nitro Indigo

Maxie wasn't evil, he was just an entrepreneur. =P Jokes aside, from what I remember, the theory was specifically that Mr. Fuji made Charizidium X in the Origins continuity.
  14. Nitro Indigo

It's good to see polite, in-depth lore discussions here. That reminds me of a theory that Y is Charizard's "natural" mega evolution, and X was artificially created.
  15. Nitro Indigo

From what I know about the Gen 1 games, Pokémon weren't integrated to the setting as much as they were in adaptations. There's a YouTuber who did videos talking about the Pokémon designs of every generation, and he said that a lot of Gen 1 Pokémon were made to look like typical JRPG enemies...
  16. Nitro Indigo

I never got Sword/Shield because the drama about how you were a "blind fanboy" if you didn't nitpick every pixel of the game to death leading up to its release turned me off it.
  17. Nitro Indigo

If anything, Lucario is a clone of Absol. It isn't anthropomorphic, but it is a canine-ish Pokémon that learns a lot of moves and appeared next to legendaries in its debut generation.
  18. Nitro Indigo

I remember people complaining about Lucario being overexposed back in Gen 6.
  19. Nitro Indigo

What do you mean?
  20. Nitro Indigo

What's funny is that even though White sold better, almost everyone I knew both online and in-person at the time owned Black. I guess Reshiram was more appealing to tweenage girls.
Back
Top Bottom