Search results for query: *

1. NoirGrimoir

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

It learns a lot of other dark type moves though so it makes sense even if it doesn't strictly need it.
  2. NoirGrimoir

^Doesn't every pokemon get hidden power though? It's damage isn't very high either. It's rare to be able to one-KO, or even two-KO with it even if it's super effective.
  3. NoirGrimoir

Bulbapedia says otherwise. Though now that I look at it again, it does say it gets Signal Beam by tutor.
  4. NoirGrimoir

Which is hilarious, because Gyro Ball does more damage the slower your pokemon is and Electrode is known for being stupid-fast. On top of Overheat and Rapid Spin, I think it should get Bulldoze, Superpower, Signal Beam, Dark Pulse and Suckerpunch too. Looking at it's move pool, it really is in a...
  5. NoirGrimoir

As it is, ice type is just a crappier water type. Anything an ice pokemon can do, a water type can do better. Giving water pokemon yet one more thing that is supposed to be what ice type is good for would defy the point of the move. Although I must say that i understand why a lot of pokemon...
  6. NoirGrimoir

Charmander is a lizard actually, so the salamander comparison is kind of moot. ...it doesn't breathe fire, it's stinking gases are flammable so they just light on fire.
  7. NoirGrimoir

No, the only one that does is Gyarados and that's because he's actually a dragon, despite being a water/flying type. Volcanion's secondary type is Fire, so of course he gets it, and Palkia is again a Dragon, and has Dragon as a secondary typing, so that's why it gets it. Skuntank actually...
  8. NoirGrimoir

There are so many pokemon that seem like they should learn cut but don't. It never fails that I come to that point in the game where you need to teach cut to a pokemon and none of my team can learn it, weirdly. Honestly if it has claws it should be able to cut, don't you think?
  9. NoirGrimoir

Wrapping around something just to strangle it, and wrapping around it in such a way that you can lift and throw something over your head is totally different. Even animals with actual prehensile tails can't really do that. Elephant trunks can though. I mean this is a fantasy world, so it's not...
  10. NoirGrimoir

^ Circle Throw is overhead throw in Japanese. Basically the only way a snake could throw anything is with it's mouth (since snakes tails aren't usually prehensile), making an overhead through impossible.
  11. NoirGrimoir

I would say it's because its Japanese name is "God Bird" and Rayquaza isn't a bird, but against all logic and lack of birdness, Gliscor and Noibat get it, so who knows really.
  12. NoirGrimoir

I know, seriously. Ice type pokemon can't learn shit. Most of their move pools are terrible.
  13. NoirGrimoir

^Actually they are sentient Stalactites that resemble ice cream for presumably the same reason that electrodes look like pokeballs, that is to say, who knows?
  14. NoirGrimoir

Delibird has flippers, it is just as much, if not more likely to be based on a penguin. And no matter what it's based off of, Flippers are typically not on birds that have the ability to fly. Just sayin'.
  15. NoirGrimoir

I don't have a problem with the Dods learning wing based moves, just Fly. Yes, they have wings. Learning Steel Wing is logical. Sure their wings are incapable of flight but slapping someone? I'll buy they are capable of that. The only thing I think is bogus is that they can straight up fly you...
  16. NoirGrimoir

@Isamu Akai But by that logic, Dunsparce should learn Fly. It's got tiny wings. I'm not saying pokemon should adhere to real world logic, but it should at least adhere to it's own! It's inconsistent. If flipping Scyther with it's ridiculously obvious wings can't use Fly, then I'll be damned if...
  17. NoirGrimoir

@Isamu Akai The issue with Doduo/Dodrio learning fly isn't because they don't have wings, it's because their wings are obviously vestigial and incapable of flight, being clearly based on ratites, a group of birds which are land bound and cannot fly.
  18. NoirGrimoir

^Yeah, they need a Brave Bird-like move that isn't restricted to birds by its name. Aerodactyl needs stronger physical flying moves but it's technically not a bird so it can't get that one.
  19. NoirGrimoir

What?! You mean you guys don't love when Gigalith and Graveler explode on the first turn in your face, and kill off the pokemon you are trying to level?! That's crazy talk! But seriously, they should be able to such moves, because they do have competitive use, just not by normal level up, or...
  20. NoirGrimoir

Malamar should be able to learn Telekinesis and/or Gravity. I mean, really, why not? And why the hell doesn't Heliolisk learn Solar Beam? Seriously.
Back
Top Bottom