Search results for query: *

1. Okido

Art Gallery General Chat Thread

I think that's pretty normal, I only ever go straight to lineart and cleaned sketches tbh. The only guideline I really use is like... a single circle as a base? The rare occasions where I'll draw out a full sketch layer and then line over it are just when I want it to look extra polished...
  2. Okido

Huh... I tend to call it analog art, rather than traditional or physical art. :hmm: I agree that the term "traditional" can sometimes hold the implication that digital is a lesser form of art by comparison, so I don't particularly like using it; and "physical" can just get a little confusing...
  3. Okido

YEEEEES I've been waiting for this!!! Haven't set any in stone yet, myself. I'd like to keep my scope relatively small this year, 'cuz I've learned that being too ambitious with my art goals only makes me burn out and stop drawing altogether. I might try to revisit some old ideas and projects...
  4. Okido

I'm not sure if recently manufactured nibs are less durable than they used to be, but in my experience a standard Intuos nib will last a pretty long time before you'll have to replace it. (A brand new one might sometimes seem like it's wearing down quickly, but I think that's just because the...
  5. Okido

ooh, mark me down as interested then! I've never participated in one of those before, but would love to if you guys set one up :bulbaCute:
  6. Okido

I know @Blanc uses a screen display tablet, maybe she would have some insight that we don't? I'm really accustomed to using a screenless tablet, but I remember trying out a Cintiq at the art school I took classes at, and I've attempted drawing on an iPad a few times. The softness of the glass...
  7. Okido

From what I remember of my time using GIMP, I think Paint.NET may be your closest alternative? Their UI layout/customizability is pretty darn similar, and IIRC they have relatively comparable brush types and features (though admittedly the last time I used either of them was sometime early last...
  8. Okido

I've never seriously attempted any (blank)tober challenges, I think they're just a bit too much pressure for me. The farthest I ever got with one was doing the first day of Inktober in 2015, thinking "wow this is gonna be a lot of hard work!"... and immediately dropping it. :stunfisk...
  9. Okido

PSA for everyone with an art thread here, since I know this may affect a few peeps: if you've ever hosted your art via Discord attachments and uploaded them to your posts by URL, you might want to back up and/or reupload those pictures now, because all of those image embeds may be expiring soon...
  10. Okido

Whole lotta nothin' over here tbh. I've been meaning to draw up an illustration to go alongside my Halloween one-shot entry (yes I'm thinking about that instead of actually writing the damn thing... shush) — but I'm really struggling with ideas for its composition. I'll probably just try to...
  11. Okido

I am :bulbaWave: I picked my team early because I really wanted to be on Vampires lol. My Art Fight page is here for those of ya who are participating (or for those of ya who are just curious about my OCs since I never draw or post them here). Be warned that I am also looking for targets, lemme...
  12. Okido

I could be wrong but I think anything over ~5 MB might be the limit? IIRC I had a ~7 MB image that wasn't able to embed, but I sized it down to 3 MB and it went through fine. Honestly you really won't lose much detail by just scaling it down a bit. (I'll never recommend compressing art unless...
  13. Okido

You can count me in as interested too; I really need to get back into making art regularly. I'd personally prefer doing the collaborative drawing, but I'd be fine with whichever one we end up going with.
  14. Okido

this is just a friendly piece of advice from me to you, so feel free to take this however you want... but please be careful not to get too hung up on what those tutorials might tell you! Those kinds of videos can definitely be a great way to learn some of the fundamentals, observe others'...
  15. Okido

Question I've been meaning to ask: what's everyone's usual time of day that they draw? Right now I've been meaning to draw more during daytime hours, but I seem to only ever get the motivation at night when it's a little too late to do so, lol
  16. Okido

^ I feel that way about hair. Every now and then I spend waaay too much time on it, entirely just due to it being fun to draw. Though I'm not at all bothered by how others might draw it; everyone has their own personal approach, and when it comes to art everyone will pay attention to something...
  17. Okido

No real projects ATM — just pushing myself to draw every day these days, without too much regard for what it is, lol. I'm still a little stuck in a rut creatively, so trying new techniques and stuff is good for the soul. Recent inspirations... err, yesterday I happened to listen to the...
  18. Okido

I'm a little late but wait CSP has custom brush settings? Huh? How? Where? I've... just been using the default ones this whole time. :confused: I used MediBang Paint for years and only somewhat recently made the full switch to CSP, so I feel like there's still a lot I haven't discovered in it...
Back
Top Bottom