Search results for query: *

1. Olive

Rate The Music Above (Ver. 2)

It was so haunting I had to stop listening two minutes in less I not be able to fall asleep tonight. Truly artistic. The timing was so jarring, almost like the song was fighting itself. Not something I'd play during a road trip, but worthy of points simply for how inventive and atmospheric it...
  2. Olive

That was actually pretty cool. The instrumental build up before the vocals came in was excellent. In fact, they gave me the impression that the vocals were going to be a lot more upbeat than they were. Still an awesome song with a classic psychedelic-esque vibe. I'll have to look this band up...
  3. Olive

It almost reminded me of a more progressive, and also foreign, version of Pink Floyd. The drums kept the song from dragging to much, though it did start to drag regardless. I kept waiting for a power section but I never got one. That left me a little disappointed. 4/10
  4. Olive

The Native American vibe the song had at the start was nice, but they didn't really incorporate that style into the rest of the song, so it kind of ended up just sounding like any of another number of Disney pop songs. It did have a nice upbeat feel, and I like that. The lyrics were meaningful...
  5. Olive

The percussion in this song really was something, as where the strings. I appreciate that in a rock ballad; it gives it an upbeat, sweeping sort of feel. It did get a little repetitive after the first minute and a half though. Perhaps it was just a tad too mellow. 6/10
  6. Olive

Cool. It had this sort of Irish-punk rocker vibe going on. The drum beat was solid, and singer's voice was able to compliment the feel of the song. It got a little screamy for a second about two-thirds through, but that ended up being a nice contrast to what was actually a pretty subdued song...
  7. Olive

Interesting song. The singer's dreamy voice and the almost overpowering instruments gave it a kind of unsettling feel. It didn't go anywhere though. The dynamics, the intensity, the chords, it just kind of all remained static the whole time. 5/10
  8. Olive

A little too intense for my tastes, but it did have a nice solid beat and some pretty thick melodies (I think, it was hard to tell over the ringing in my ears). 4.5/10
  9. Olive

Loved every aspect of it. I didn't even mind the fact that it was over four minutes long. 9/10
  10. Olive

It had a nice Latin vibe to it, and the guitar that eventually jumped in pretty late into the song added a nice feel. Other than that is was super repetitive, especially the back beat. I also didn't much care for the ambient ocean sounds or the airy voices of the singers. 3/10
  11. Olive

The singer's voice was a little droney, but the music was nice and progressive which I hugely appreciate. Negating that a little was the fact that the song itself felt very repetitive. 4/10 Hallowed Be Thy Name - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Back
Top Bottom