• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Oriden

Space World 1997 demo for Pokemon Gold leaked

I think it's probably the latter, though the former would have been a good use for the slowpoke tail item. It's also likely a detached Slowking crown- that one has the gem on it and the name Turbann would refer to the headwear.
  2. Oriden

XD Loving this artist's head canon for the connection between the three beasts' redesign and the in-game lore:
  3. Oriden

I wonder if that's for lack of trying for just an oversight. XD
  4. Oriden

I wonder why they even try to cover up the evolution question anyway. No one questions why a pokemon can learn a new move in a generation when it couldn't learn it in the previous one, so why try to cover up evolution? We also have other things like new types that just get swept under the rug...
  5. Oriden

Actually there are a couple pokemon that evolve via moves that were previously available, so... it's like they do these things to try to avoid breaking continuity, but sometimes they goof. XD
  6. Oriden

Happi would be Blissey, it evolves from Chansey. =3 And yeah, Bellsprout was gonna get a branched evolution like Oddish did. Can't confirm, but based on the pokedex entries, I think it's possible that the shell was its own separate thing and was going to be part of a mechanic where Slowbro or...
  7. Oriden

Yeah, I agree to an extent- at least in it not being a mess, necessarily. Just something that I would like to see reworked/better applied. But I do think that its original application gives a strong feeling of "weak excuse as to why this other similar method didn't work in previous generations...
  8. Oriden

I'd still really like to see the methods combined, thus giving more purpose to the rocks and the stones by making them essentially the same material and both able to evolve more pokemon. It could pose more of an in-game challenge, too, if there were more elemental rocks (Fire Rock, Water Rock...
  9. Oriden

Because they don't evolve from elemental rocks but a different kind of elemental rock from the elemental rock that was already evolving things?
  10. Oriden

I really would like to see them retcon those, because it's kind of stupid to have to add the Moss and Ice Rocks into every game when we could just add more uses to the evolution stones. Even if they were to retcon it so those rocks were large evolution stone deposits all along so it makes some...
  11. Oriden

Ohhhh damn, I didn't even notice that- huh. Now that you mention it, Kurt must have been meant to battle you at some point because he wouldn't need a trainer sprite otherwise. Boy did he get shafted in the final version.
  12. Oriden

Kurt's trainer sprite is used as a placeholder for a lot of people, so I dunno. =/
  13. Oriden

Oh hey, realized something- given its original status as a poison-type, I wonder if Umbreon's rings were a reference to the blue-ringed octopus? That might also explain the eventual color of its shiny form.
  14. Oriden

There's apparently two gyms programmed for Kanto, but I'm not sure where the other one is supposed to be. The one labeled Gym looks like it might be Cerulean's, which makes sense given Misty's apparent presence in the trainer list, and could be included simply for her sake? I honestly haven't...
  15. Oriden

From what it looks like, and this is a theory I've formed after looking at the map and the trainer sprite list, the games appear to have been like a progression from regionals to nationals. The map is based on the entirety of Japan with Kanto present in the game as a single "city" of which Red...
  16. Oriden

I think we know that they were going to be included in the game and not much else about that. The last two sprites in that trainer set (the twin girl section) are actually labeled Elite Four♂ and Elite Four♀.
  17. Oriden

Animon has 50 base HP, Ditto has 48 base HP. It's a small improvement. But it actually appears that a lot of the beta pokemon have 50 on all of their stats, so it may be a placeholder number. Animon's stats may not have been decided at that point, so we really don't know what improvements it...
  18. Oriden

Actually, Giovanni isn't on the Elite Four in the demo- the Elite Four isn't programmed into the game. I believe the mistake was made from people reading the spreadsheet incorrectly where the final game's sprite list is lined up beside the demo's. For the record, here is the spreadsheet- View...
  19. Oriden

Entei is called a "lion dog" because it appears to have been based on Foo (called lion dogs by Japan and westerners) and bares some resemblance to a mastiff. Some entries do seem to reference their beta version, without a doubt, but I wouldn't say that most do, necessarily. Unfortunately, there...
  20. Oriden

Entei still is a dog, though- it's a lion dog. And beta Raikou doesn't carry a rain cloud, so it's not a beta pokedex entry either.
Back
Top Bottom