• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

XD Wish I had known that then. Gawd, that's still awful, though.
  2. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

....wow this strikes me as both funny and painful. I couldn't get Spiritomb in Diamond because I didn't have 32 friends to meet in the underground. Right after, we had a whole era of online features being free. Now we're on the Switch, online is locked behind a paywall that I can't justify...
  3. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

XD If they thought Dexit was bad... couldn't imagine the single-double pack riot.
  4. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

The amount of backlash they would get for doing that would be outrageous. Both games might technically be on the same cartridge, but you have to hack them to switch it, so they're definitely not going to charge you the price of a double pack just for a convenient on/off switch.
  5. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

The page says this: The original games didn't really have robust online capability so you couldn't connect to a specific user without linking up locally. They're probably not going to replicate that limitation for the sake of faithfulness. No one is nostalgic for when using the Internet in a...
  6. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

You're forgetting the Sinnoh Region Myth that specifically says they were living separately. The one that they very clearly chose to follow. Folk tale 3 actually originally talked about people marrying pokemon so I don't think it's worth putting any stock in it.
  7. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

No, I think the folk tales are just stories with no factual basis whatsoever and if they stemmed from anything, it may have been Zorua, but wildly twisted from the truth like real life folk tales often are, if they weren't just made up entirely.
  8. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I really don't understand what you're trying to say. The folk tales don't have to be based in any fact because they're folk tales. The fact that they're called Sinnoh folk tales is because Sinnoh inherited them- things don't suddenly become not yours just because you changed your name. So using...
  9. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Did the baby name moves really make up for not having over half of the eeveelutions, though? I'm pretty over the dex cuts after Dexit now. The total of pokemon has gotten too big to keep updating every one of them for every game, so they had to draw a line and using the original games' dex is...
  10. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

It is Sinnoh folk tales, though. They just changed the name of the region, they didn't abandon their stories and culture.
  11. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Not sure where people get the "myths not lining up" idea, we know people in the region mostly fear pokemon and so the "living separate lives" thing is true. It may not follow all of the myths, but I wouldn't expect it to, because folk tales can simply be folk tales, not based in fact. Though at...
  12. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Yeah, more of a connection would have been nice. But I think Game Freak has gotten hyper-leak-sensitive, considering how they've even cut CoroCoro out of the loop. So ILCA may not have been trusted with much, if anything. It might also be something that they're saving to patch in later, to hype...
  13. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Yellow was really more of a specialty version capitalising on the popularity of the anime in its original incarnation. Let's Go certainly referenced it, but it was likewise capitalising on the popularity of GO, so I think it's too soon to really say that it's a sign that they're doing third...
  14. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I've heard there's some new lore in Canalave library but haven't seen too much info on it.
  15. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Isn't said outsourced party not used to making full-fledged games like this? Game Freak is used to these deadlines and making such games. You can't really compare the two. If anything, ILCA needed more oversight, maybe an extension and maybe some help.
  16. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

Game Freak didn't make these games, though.
  17. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I honestly didn't play ORAS, nor have I really played anything through actually since Gen 4, but as someone who follows the series for art and story reasons, ORAS definitely added more to the series conceptually than BDSP has. New Megas and the Delta episode being the main things. BDSP has given...
  18. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

The thing is, most of these additions are just a reflection of the new standards for the series as a whole, they're not actually improvements for BDSP itself. If ORAS had been released now rather than then, it would have had those features plus the added content.
  19. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

It also feels just unprofessional that they would do that? Like many people without Internet access when first trying to play were going to find the unfinished game and the whole Internet was going to find out about it. It feels so crazy that they would put out something so blatantly unfinished...
  20. Oriden

Leaks/Rumors Thread

I get what you're trying to say but at the same time, third versions are just enhanced versions, and if you're going to remake games, why not remake them to be more like the better version? Especially when remakes are generally improved versions anyway, why start with the lesser version of the...
Back
Top Bottom