Search results for query: *

1. OrionTheAbsol

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

Current chapter's been a slog and I've been slowly making progress on it for the past few weeks. It's sitting a bit over 5,400 words and I still don't know when I'll publish it. I also ended up splitting up my previous chapter because of the sheer length of it. The suspense of finishing this...
  2. OrionTheAbsol

Haven't written much lately, but have been planning out chapter 11. There's a lot for me to sort out since chapter 10 (being as long as it is) introduced quite a few new major characters and opened up quite a few plot threads. Though chapter 11 is meant to be somewhat of a reprieve chapter from...
  3. OrionTheAbsol

sobs Posted Chapter 10. Took me around 12K words, blowing past my 9.2K-word record. Again, not according to plan! It just happens on its own! Why are these chapters getting longer!? Argh!
  4. OrionTheAbsol

Ookay, so somehow, I broke my personal record for highest word count in a single chapter AGAIN and ended up with 9.2K words, my last record being 7.9K words. I swear, I didn't even plan this, lol. It just happens on its own. On top of that, this is the most dialogue-heavy chapter I've ever...
  5. OrionTheAbsol

After a rough week of work, my current chapter came up to around 3,400 words. I struggled to prevent continuity errors from happening since this chapter is meant to conclude a story arc and start up a new one. Also, a ton of dialogue and some character development.
  6. OrionTheAbsol

So, I got Chapter 8 of Stray posted. Once again, I broke my record of highest word count in a single chapter, which is 7.9K this time. Funnily enough, most of it was a long battle sequence. I think I learned a thing or two about structuring battle scenes for this one. Also got quite a bit of...
  7. OrionTheAbsol

Current chapter is sitting at over 6,000 words and there's a good chance that it'll break past my word count for my previous chapter. Hoping it'll be done by tomorrow. Also did eight separate reviews this month.
  8. OrionTheAbsol

Had a major boost this morning. Chapter's currently sitting at around 2,800 words. Wandered into some Eldritch territory. Things can only get "better" from here. I'm also going to try a daily quota of 1 review per day as well.
  9. OrionTheAbsol

Chapter 8 is currently running a little over 600 words. While introducing a major antagonist, I have ambitious plans for world-building in regards to the Shadow Pokémon. Exceptionally powerful Shadows can warp time and space, creating realms modeled after their thoughts and emotions. This opens...
  10. OrionTheAbsol

After some time, my productivity went up yesterday and today. Current chapter is running a little over 5,700 words. Even managed to put in a seduction scene, which was not what I originally planned, lol. I can at least say I reached "the end" of the chapter, but the ending is very rough. I'll...
  11. OrionTheAbsol

About 900 words into the next chapter. Previous days have been draining lately. I also had to rethink my worldbuilding a bit because of the circumstances I decided to introduce in this rebooted story. The setting was always PMD-esque post-apocalyptic (no humans left), but I never truly...
  12. OrionTheAbsol

I recently posted Chapter 6 to Stray. It's my longest chapter by far, exceeding 6.7K words. It's a "downtime" chapter compared to the amount of violence that occurred in the last chapter. It jumpstarted the character arc for one of my major characters, Hesh the Wartortle. I outlined my next...
  13. OrionTheAbsol

Haven't progressed much as far as my current chapter goes. Instead, I planned ahead for future chapters to figure out how to introduce my side characters and how to develop my main character, who struggled to deal with past trauma and relationships. Because of his past of abuse and betrayals...
  14. OrionTheAbsol

500 more words tonight. Same chapter. The pacing is definitely slower, but it also gives me the opportunity to set up an atmosphere, work on my prose and establish more character interactions. I feel like there's still quite a bit more for me to do before I can call this chapter "finished."
  15. OrionTheAbsol

Current chapter has over 3,000 words. Due to a mishap from Google Docs, I nearly lost half of that number. If I hadn't known a way to recover that (without Undo), I would've had to rewrite the whole beginning again, lol
  16. OrionTheAbsol

So far, about 1,900 words in the current chapter. Trying to nail a relatively calm, but sullen, tone throughout. Also trying to experiment with description prose, as much of my word count came from dialogue.
  17. OrionTheAbsol

My next chapter is currently running about 2,000 words. It's intended to be a bit of a montage of scenes that happen back-to-back to further character interactions and worldbuilding. Character roster will expand soon. I also took the time to read and review someone else's story. Will finish...
  18. OrionTheAbsol

Had the day off and went into a writing frenzy. I managed to output nearly 3,000 words for the next chapter. I feel like this is the darkest thing I wrote for my story so far. 05/20/21 - Just posted a 5200+ word chapter a while ago. It's strange how quickly I finished this one compared to my...
  19. OrionTheAbsol

Well, chapter 4 is finally done. I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but it's done. My original plan was to include one more scene at the end, but I felt it's too long and the pacing was different from the action scene that happened throughout the chapter. So might as well just make that section...
  20. OrionTheAbsol

I've been going at a snail's pace and I'm slowly getting irritated. Before I knew it, it's been 4 weeks since I last updated my story. And this chapter's running over 1,500 words so far and I'm not all that crazy about its current execution. I want to get it done and over with so I can get to...
Back
Top Bottom