• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. P

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Yeah, they put related and counterpart Pokémon on the same page as each other, not just evolutionary relatives. For example, the Island Guardians are on one page, and Tauros and Miltank share a page.
  2. P

Must say, I'm not digging the Christmas skin on Bulba. Anyway, I'm looking at picking up my story again and getting on with it. One thing I'm wondering is how you all view the friendship evolution method and how you'd handle a Pokémon evolving through it. Also, does it differ significantly with...
  3. P

It was good for clogging circular saws up. I remember their second robot, Diotoir, actually managed to beat Tornado by clogging up their cutting disc and overheating it. As for Sgt. Bash, I don't see what he would really add. The flamethrower didn't actually do much and was outclassed by the...
  4. P

Yes, I named myself after the Welsh box on wheels that won the Second Wars. I was always more of a Dead Metal fan myself. His design's not too different from the old series. As for the new show, it's great. Very different from the old one in terms of tone, though.
  5. P

I could provide some consistency. Apricorns are required to make Kurt's Poké Balls, and Apricorns don't exist in Unova. Therefore, it's not a stretch to say that before the modern Poké Ball was invented, there were no Poké Balls at all in Unova, which is what Drayden meant. This is especially...
  6. P

Yeah, if only someone was working on a story about 18-year-olds that wasn't smut. I can't think of absolutely anyone who's writing such a thing though. ;) In all seriousness, this has given me a few things to consider putting into (or at least addressing in) The Power of Three. Perhaps a...
  7. P

On a side note, what I find particularly silly about the Zinnia escaping plot hole is that not only do Escape Ropes exist, but Silver uses one to escape Sprout Tower in the Johto games. It's a tiny detail that would have sorted it, and was used in a previous game.
  8. P

The storytelling peaked in Black and White for me. Even then it wasn't amazing (Ghetsis's ultimate plan was pretty dumb and the Team Plasma members who weren't N and Ghetsis were severely underutilised, probably because there were so many of them) but it was several steps in the right direction...
  9. P

What you said doesn't refute what I said about finding the stone then the Pokémon. Let's take a Pokémon with a Mega form and no pre-evolutions - Absol, for the sake of argument. So you get your Absolite, then you go out and catch an Absol. You give the Absol the Absolite and you can already Mega...
  10. P

Even the requirements the game sets out are total nonsense. Allegedly you need a "strong bond" in order to use Mega Evolution, and there are two mechanics that measure such a thing - Pokémon Amie and friendship. Thing is, neither have any impact on whether or not a Pokémon can Mega Evolve. You...
  11. P

I'm planning on giving a few characters Z-Moves, new Pokémon and Alolan variant Pokémon, but they won't turn up in The Power of Three for a while. I figure it would be cool to have them, but there's no rush when I've already got plans.
Back
Top Bottom