Search results for query: *

1. PaperSplash

TCPI doesn't get enough credit for preserving the original 4 kids dub

Yeah, that's about what I thought the situation was. I personally don't see that as a big deal. The dubbers going the extra mile to erase text on signs, even when it's already in English feels unnecessary though.
  2. PaperSplash

Well, I know that at least some of 4Kids' other dubs (Kirby and Sonic X) erased text across the board regardless if it was in plain English or not, although apparently some of the edits were done on Japan's side in Sonic's case. I won't rule out laziness as a potential factor, but oftentimes...
  3. PaperSplash

I agree, but I think it would be more to avoid spending the time, effort and money than anything else.
  4. PaperSplash

Not originally, but since BW it's been that way for most international dubs of Pokémon. Latin American Spanish was the exception for a while but even they eventually followed suit. It's also why even in some English releases of BW, XY and SM, the "To Be Continued" text is over a black bar that...
  5. PaperSplash

I guess they got tired of translating it into 12+ languages, but the thing is, they didn't have to. From what I've seen, most foreign countries are very used to seeing English text in their television programming, requiring only a simple voiceover translation at most. Even for stuff like the...
  6. PaperSplash

Yeah, I think it's been all but confirmed the resurgence of Japanese text scrubbing from mid-XY has been on OLM's side. Especially since if I remember correctly, the Korean dub also uses those masters, and that isn't under TPCi's control. Now it's possible that OLM sends those "clean" versions...
  7. PaperSplash

Is TPCi even capable of that? I think that's something that would need to happen on the Japanese side.
  8. PaperSplash

I don't remember the Pokérap ever being excluded, but I know Netflix and other streaming services have long since cut the bumpers. Which makes some sense since they don't serve a real purpose without commercials, but it's still nice to see them preserved in HD.
  9. PaperSplash

Yeah, since they aren't part of any season Viz probably won't bother licensing them, unfortunately. Yeah, no, being completely free (forever) is definitely out of the question. But I'm surprised they haven't launched a "Pokémon TV Premium" with a paid subscription or a way to link it to your...
  10. PaperSplash

Maybe Chronicles (in the US) and the Mega Evolution specials getting a DVD release isn't seen as sufficiently profitable, but there's no real excuse not to put them on streaming services at the very least. Chronicles aired during the two Twitch marathons and the Mega Evolution specials were...
  11. PaperSplash

Kids today probably prefer streaming services.
  12. PaperSplash

I think the first season is the one they're afraid of translating faithfully the most, whether for a redub or an official sub. "Under that girl's skirt" in the opening, Brock repeatedly saying he's looking forward to younger girls turning 18, a little boy asking Misty to breastfeed him, the...
Back
Top Bottom