Search results for query: *

1. PaperSplash

Michael Haigney's Podcast - 'Original Pokéman'

Again, different TV networks demand different edits. There wasn't a single TV network that all 4Kids-licensed shows aired on; while the most common one was a block of the Fox TV network that they fittingly renamed "4Kids TV" at one point, you also had Kids WB! which most of Pokémon as well as...
  2. PaperSplash

He's actually listed in the credits of almost every Pokémon thing 4Kids produced during their time with the franchise, with the main exception I can find being several episodes of Chronicles. He also worked on quite a few other 4Kids-produced anime dubs as well. Different networks though, so...
  3. PaperSplash

I could start making "too long, didn't listen" summaries if that would help. (Genuinely offering.)
  4. PaperSplash

I'm glad he explained that seemingly arbitrarily rewritten line at the beginning of EP007. I don't agree with the given reasoning but at least there was a reason given. Also interesting knowing that he started the whole dub Team Rocket rhyming thing (outside of the motto, anyway), even if it...
  5. PaperSplash

If you're interested in hearing more from him, this recent interview is a doozy:
  6. PaperSplash

According to this episode, Michael Haigney supervised and did some rewrites for other dub script writers during his tenure, but he did at least the first six episodes on his own.
  7. PaperSplash

The "Pokémon" abbreviation was originally made in Japanese (ポケモン) which of course lacks the kind of accents Latin-based languages have. Originally, when the series was Japan-only, whenever that abbreviation was written out in the Latin alphabet, it was "Pokemon" without the accent or, more...
  8. PaperSplash

To be fair, the name Pokémon is kind of a mess etymology-wise. It's an English phrase directly transliterated into Japanese and then abbreviated, then transliterated back into English, then given an acute accent that makes the title look more like French or Spanish than English or Japanese to...
  9. PaperSplash

It was... much better than I expected. With all due respect to Mr. Haigney, he comes off as a lot more humble and understanding nowadays than in interviews from back when he worked at 4Kids. I was also pleasantly surprised with how comparatively well-researched these podcasts were. But you can...
Back
Top Bottom