Search results for query: *

1. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Ash should have used reserves in every tournament. Maybe we can disagree on what is more "fair" but that ultimately doesn't matter that much because Ash's Pokémon aren't real. Ash switching up his team every match and strategizing on which Pokémon to bring is just flat out a more interesting...
  2. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Satoshi/Ash has been given all the positive development he can possibly have. He should get a negative character arc where he rediscovers the sadistic joy he gets from calling girls ugly just because he's annoyed with them.
  3. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Regardless of whether the chicken or the egg came first in this scenario they are related and long term consequences have hatched. The main character feels like 4 completely different characters OS-AG-DP/BW/XY/SM-JN. When you're looking at Ash's journey as hole that's a huge blow that can't be...
  4. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

While I am more understanding of what people like about Iris she is definitively the worst character in the series because she did long term damage to it. The fact that Ash's journey was so long meant that his character development could be incredibly slow but consequently incredibly believable...
  5. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

I don't hate Gengar's old trainer I actually interpret him as being the victim. If he was blaming something that wasn't Gengar's fault on Gengar it shouldn't have gone away after he released Gengar. People who blame others lives don't get better luck they just come up with more excuses. That was...
  6. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

"Ash's old Pokemon shouldn't reappear because he has so many someone's favorite is going to be left out" is a terrible argument. If after Sinnoh 7 of Ash's old Pokemon were reused in each following tournament that's 21 of Ash's old Pokémon that would have be reused. That's not insignificant...
  7. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Ritchie isn't an Ash clone. All their personality traits they shared were very generic. There was enough differences to make their similarities interesting. He needs to return and I'm still salty he didn't compete in the Johto League despite wanting to be a master. Misty should have done the...
  8. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Jessie, James, and Meowth are sort of a golden calf. They have their moments but, they been around a long time and they didn't have to be. Honestly considering the resounding ambivalence towards Brock's final goodbye I don't think the TRio are that important. They are iconic sure but, their...
  9. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

I don't care how good naturaled Ash is there is no way he should be as enamored by the people he meets in filler episodes after having a personal relationship Pokémon League Champion/ secret agent.
  10. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

I would rather have a story about the two unknown trainers from Pallet Town and them quitting and unquitting than, an Origins 2.
  11. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

A "Close game adaption" emphasizing the fighting villianous teams part of the games over the league part to the point that of adapting neutral aligned characters as villainous so the have enough villains to go around? Okay.
  12. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Controversial opinion about adventures that I shared numerous times: I don't like its world building. Why would "Dex holders" be special in a world where the internet exists. Why is the B button command tied to pokedex if few people have them? Why are league rules the way they are? Why are...
  13. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

I was lukewarm on Origins. I disliked how much they focused on Mewtwo and it wouldn't have worked if it wasn't truncated nostalgia and it annoyed me how some people couldn't see that. They skipped so much. If they just showed the Blue fight in full I would be a lot more satisfied.
  14. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Not sure if I said it already but Ritchie isn't an Ash clone. People just think he is because the show says he is.
  15. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Every Youtube review I've seen said it was mediocre. The thing I like most about it is Cross and how many story beats they cram into the runtime. Like the dream sequence I found really interesting, but you wouldn't usually see stuff like that and events leading up before it in other pokemon...
  16. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

Pokemon 20 was fucking great. Like better than movie 1, 2 and 8 good.
  17. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

@Johtohfiller Assuming you mean Ash's Charizard to give a cynical answer: nostalgia and the fact there is so much time between the important moments in it's "career". Those factors feed into each other greatly. Zero from 11th movie was a great character he was the best human movie villain...
  18. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

I wouldn't even mind Ash being stupid all the that much considering it's all slice of lify so he has time to turn it around or be an idiot savant the bigger issue to me is that he has this veiled selfishness lately outside of the capture episodes and he seems to care more about food than...
  19. Peppermint Phoenix

Controversial opinions

I don't care about Ash's companions or their goals that much. I mean yes they do matter because they are part of the show and whether they are entertaining or annoying is a factor I wish we could stick more to pure trainer vs trainer battling. I also feel similarly about the evil teams. I...
Back
Top Bottom