Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

I mean, even people who haven't played the games know the move exists and is cool, in-game effects aside, Dragon Rage has a mass appeal thanks to the anime.
  2. PkmnTrainerV

They probably mean that the move itself is pretty popular thanks to the anime irrespective of actual usefulness.
  3. PkmnTrainerV

I'm guessing that’s one of the quirks of translation. Sucker Punch isn’t actually meant to be a punching move. The Japanese name is "surprise attack" if I remember correctly. It doesn’t get an iron fist boost too.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

Unpopular Probably; Bewear should be able to access Extreme Speed via a special event, or even generally, taking inspiration from the anime Bewear.
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Type combo alone doesn’t mean that a Pokémon should get a move apart from STAB though? Galarian Articuno is linked with Ice more than heat. Moltres, yes, it should learn it but not because Mandibuzz and Honchkrow do, but because it is related to the Kantonian fire type Moltres and has flames on it.
  6. PkmnTrainerV

Tangentially related, but I think it’s ridiculous how Synchronise fails to act in two of the most important Status conditions- Sleep and freeze.
  7. PkmnTrainerV

1. Only Pokémon to get 2 exclusive Z moves, 2. A regional variant for the evolution 3. A Gigantamax form 4. Hat forms every generation 5. Special partner form 6. All kinds of special event moves. Even though it didn’t get Megas it got everything else under the Sun.
  8. PkmnTrainerV

They could've made Raichu better so people use it on behalf of the mascot (who could become really good with even a slight boost) but no, they had to make an entire vendetta against the poor thing.
  9. PkmnTrainerV

I think close combat is for Pokémon who like to fight aggressively up close and personal with strikes.
  10. PkmnTrainerV

I was more geared towards competitive. They’re usable? Yes, but then, almost everything is. Literally any fully evolved Pokémon will be usable unless you stack it with 4 status moves. That really ain’t the point. But I daresay that if some person was made to look at these Pokémon and asked if...
  11. PkmnTrainerV

Well it’s possible, but Emboar is probably the only one who’s running a special move without sacrificing a better physical option. Incineroar and Blaziken are probably handicapping themselves if they’re running a special move. It’s about time we see a fire starter which is meant to have a...
  12. PkmnTrainerV

Yeah, I see your point, but if we were splitting the fire starters into being physical or special Blaziken firmly falls into physical. That’s what made it the first Uber starter. I’ve found that fire starters tend to be disproportionately be better on the physical side. The few special fire...
  13. PkmnTrainerV

I know about regular charizard, but I’ve quite literally never seen a special Blaziken. Even the Smogon suggested Moveset is Physical. Its physical attack is higher and Mega Evolution, if we're counting it just adds to the difference. I got the impression that Physical Blaziken is the popular...
  14. PkmnTrainerV

Typhlosion would be so much better if it got Earth Power and Thunderbolt. The poor boi was robbed. Pure fire, no decent coverage and the exact same stat spread as Charizard. On a side note, we need more fire starters who are viable as special attackers. Both fire starters for that role are...
  15. PkmnTrainerV

I think Power Whip would be a nice "weird move" (like Emboar's water type move.. was it brine or scald?). The Alola starters have a circus theme and Tigers and Lions have that circus association with whips. It’d be ironic to see a Tiger actually using a whip instead of (unfortunately) being on...
  16. PkmnTrainerV

What the above users said regarding Peck, and Beak Blast is explicitly based on a Toucan's real life ability to heat and cool it’s Bill. Toucan Beak Is New Kind of 'Heating Bill' Doduo and Clawitzer aren’t toucans. Aura Wheel's mechanics are totally dependent on Hunger Switch. The moves which...
  17. PkmnTrainerV

For me Salandit and Shuckle are the ones which make sense (In Salandit a trait which amplified on evolution for females, and Shuckle’s berry juices). But Forretress makes the least amount of sense. I guess one could stretch honey’s scent = Ursaring’s move, but I can’t think of any justification...
  18. PkmnTrainerV

Many Pokemon learn both fake out and Sucker Punch.
  19. PkmnTrainerV

Why can’t Incineroar learn the ultimate heel wrestler move: Sucker Punch? Even Decidueye can learn it.
  20. PkmnTrainerV

Its specially ironic that the thing that benefits the most from it is Chansey: a Pokemon whose entire lore niche is a healer. I think the move deserves a nerf. Maybe, when a non-Poison type uses it, it inflicts regular poison instead of bad poison. And if people feel that’s an overkill, a...
Back
Top Bottom