Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

The least they could’ve done is have Giovanni come to Galar. The entire thing being reduced to Matori matrix was underwhelming. I don’t see the, adapting Team Rainbow Rocket 1:1 since I didn’t think at the time they’d play with every leader from a parallel world (they did do this with Dia but I...
  2. PkmnTrainerV

I wish we could see more shiny Pokemon in the main cast. Ash so far only has Noctowl.
  3. PkmnTrainerV

A missed opportunity I thought of, instead of Ash doing it, why not have someone else drench Ash’s Rock or Gound type in water and deal Super Effective Electric damage with it? I’d love to see Ash’s reaction to that.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

He literally spent 4 series treating Pokémon wounds and generally taking care of them... it’d be more weird if he suddenly went to researching fossil Pokémon suddenly since it has no buildup, but the Pokémon Doctor thing is a gradual extension of his interest. He wasn’t even that interested in...
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Whatever it did/didn’t teach doesn’t matter. What mattered was that the league’s ineptitude resulted in the unfair loss of a candidate. They failed at doing their jobs.
  6. PkmnTrainerV

Ash would’ve never lost the Indigo league the way he did if the league did their jobs properly. I’ve said it before, Team Rocket we’re not unknown to the world, so if your competitor is attacked beforehand by them, the match would be postponed at the least. Or even ensure that your competitors...
  7. PkmnTrainerV

This would've been better than what Mega Charizard Y actually got in the anime... fodder to Alain's Charizard.
  8. PkmnTrainerV

I was addressing this part of your post: On the reasoning why Sunnyshore Gym didn’t attract outrage compared to Erika’s incident. In my opinion you have to look at the whole situation to assess why one got infamous while the other didn’t. I didn’t address the Pewter Gym since I feel pretty...
  9. PkmnTrainerV

There’s probably less reaction since the Erika incident happened to Ash, our protagonist, whereas he actually ended up battling Volkner himself. I’m not endorsing any of them but that might be the reason Volkner is not prominent. And there were actually nuanced reason for Volkner not to battle...
  10. PkmnTrainerV

Late to the party, but Gladion was even more dedicated than Kiawe in training, and Kiawe would probably always lose to him in the scenario without some serious deux ex machina (as he did in their battle during the league anyway). Even Ash eclipsed Kiawe in training on a lot of opportunities by...
  11. PkmnTrainerV

Yeah, at that time I didn’t really care for type overlap so I was hopeful for capture, and quite disappointed it didn’t happen. My best guess is that they were reluctant to have a Dark type with bone motifs on the main cast at the time. But even that logic was thrown out of the window when they...
  12. PkmnTrainerV

Younger me really thought Ash was going to capture the Houndour in Hour of the Houndour.
  13. PkmnTrainerV

@Black&White I'd have said the same about any other Pokémon other than Meltan, it’s just bad that the treatment happened with a freaking mythical of all things. And did you forget that it made short work of Kukui's Empoleon while using only 4x resistant moves? And Melmetal wasn’t supposed to...
  14. PkmnTrainerV

It’s the combined factor of Ash randomly getting a mythical, said mythical rarely battling, not really having that much of a meaningful bond with Ash himself and then conveniently evolving in the middle of the league. And Kukui flat out used Naganadel’s Z-Move, who was a Pokemon owned by Ash...
  15. PkmnTrainerV

“Made sense” =/= feeling good, well-earned or needed. There was no special thing which prompted Meltan to send signals to its fellow Meltan. The writers just felt it was convenient in the middle of the league. Ash’s capture and evolution of Meltan will always feel unneeded and meh to me.
  16. PkmnTrainerV

Well, it has been established that performing a Z-Move with a Pokemon you don’t own isn’t that unusual of an occurrence. Kukui used a Z-Move with one of Ash's officially captured Pokémon without having a particular bond or special interaction.
  17. PkmnTrainerV

Meltan's evolution conveniently being right during the league with no training or not much of a bond with Ash left me with a "meh" reaction.
  18. PkmnTrainerV

UBs are classified as “minor legendaries” along with stuff like the bird and beast trios. The Box legends and Mythicals are a different category.
  19. PkmnTrainerV

Yeah, but the category's pretty comparable to legendary, and arguably a "higher" category than a legendary, too. The spirit of the "Ash got Legendaries" opinion is pretty clear to me and I kinda find the use of "he technically didn’t get one" a bit too needlessly pedantic. I guess to end the...
  20. PkmnTrainerV

He does have Melmetal which is basically an event-exclusive legendary, called mythical to be more specific.
Back
Top Bottom