Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I feel Infernape definitely deserved a spot in the match vs Cynthia. The episode itself seems to make a good case for it. I feel they could've taken a "Reserve of the Day" approach with the Master Class and some of the later major PWT matches that would add a reserve to the lineup, and the rest...
  2. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Just like you haven’t interacted with a conventional shipper before, they’re just commenting on the types of shippers they’ve seen.
  3. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I mean, there’s literally a self-identified shipper saying that 1:1.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Are you flat out admitting that all you care about is Serena being a prop for Ash?
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I mean, just because of an exec decision an entirely different management took 15 years ago, doesn’t mean that anyone who ever inherits the Pokémon anime to work on is beholden to work with Ash. The people who kept Ash after BW aren’t the same ones making the choice to replace Ash right now...
  6. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Specially because… in my opinion, if you remove the Masters 8, JN was arguably the worst saga for what Ash stood for. This series minimised the value of a capture, the quality of which Ash is borderline known as a character for. "Befriending and catching your Pokémon" is synonymous with the...
  7. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Except that Ash has helped out with motivation and such to MANY people and not just Serena. Ash has helped out Dawn, Go and others with identity and not giving up too. Well, you have picked a series that happens to be the polar opposite of XY in tone. SM has been pretty comedic and the very...
  8. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

So honestly what? Why does the fandom even care about Serena instead of some other companion? Yes, because she’s shipping fodder. At this point I’m sorry for the point blank rudeness but somehow, every topic shifting back to Amourshipping is annoying. It has reduced Serena to just shipping...
  9. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

This is false. He still knew different ways to win. Ash still used his unorthodox different ways to win in XY. You’re misunderstanding his character conflict- he felt that he was hampering Greninja from reaching its true potential because of Greninja’s constant losses. Specially because it chose...
  10. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Doesn’t Ash already know this? Counter Shield, and what he learnt with Dawn. Finding different ways to win in the face of uncertainty is literally Ash from day 1.
  11. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I find this inaccurate. The entire point of the Wulfric arc was he thought he was letting Greninja down.
  12. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

That was resolved during XY, but you have listed it in SM. Also, Ash never cared about winning. He cared about letting Greninja down. I find your assessment of the SM development inaccurate.
  13. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Serious question: at what point post AG Ash thought winning was everything? He took the Kalos loss pretty well. Ash was NEVER in rush for "wins".
  14. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I mean, it’s not just a win vs defeat thing, it’s a character thing. Defeating other rivals was satisfying because they had character flaws that led to a genuine desire for Ash to prove himself superior to their flawed visions, and this made the audience root for him. 1. Paul- we know. 2...
  15. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

At this point… I know the accusation is pretty cringe but Leon genuinely seems like some kind of -Stu to me. He has totally no flaws, is all powerful and is literally what everyone looks up to. Isn’t it the literal definition of a Gary Stu?
  16. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I have literally never said that. Please do not put words in my mouth.
  17. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

Did you read the rest of my post?
  18. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

1. Ash’s Lucario shouldn’t have happened. I don’t really understand the appeal of him getting one. The bond stuff feels kind of shoehorned to me. The slot could’ve been used towards giving a Galar Pokémon the actual spotlight that Lucario got- maybe Inteleon or Urshifu. 2. Most of the strong...
  19. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

I don’t really know why is everyone bringing the "He’s the champion in the games" part. The games also gave him character and interactions with the protagonist. In the terms of the anime adaptation my issue is not that he’s too strong. My issue is he’s too strong AND he’s a perfect character who...
  20. PkmnTrainerV

Controversial opinions

That’s all well and good, but that still isn’t an excuse for him to be a strong, cookie cutter nice person who just happens to be the most powerful. Leon's character has nothing apart from that at the moment, and the anime has fleshed out character motivations beyond the games before, so the...
Back
Top Bottom