• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

I mean... it isn’t as if they have to make up for lost sales immediately (they’d lose out even more sales by missing the holiday season), and even the Crown Tundra which is considered the major value on DLC is being released late in the year. They do take one or two break years so no mainline...
  2. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

I don’t think we should expect much "fleshing out" that wasn’t in the original, just look at Let's Go PE.
  3. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Zelda was a launch title for the Switch. They needed at least one for the thing to have a good launch. The Switch would've made nowhere near the enormous amount of sales if it released without one out of BotW or Super Mario Odyssey. My point is, there's a reason why Pokémon has been releasing...
  4. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

An early year release isn’t really likely too. Have you had a look at their release schedule? They usually release at the Holiday release period. And I doubt that corporate would let them change from the most profitable release period just for an anniversary. They didn’t do that to the only...
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Agreed, but 2020 pretty clearly belongs to the DLC, and announcing a Let's Go game more than a year in advance is very preposterous. Sword and Shield had different circumstances which justified the early announcement (and it was still effectively devoid of any information).
  6. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

The plushies might be a hint, but I really don’t see them announcing or releasing the game in 2020...
  7. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

They'll probably ban you from entering the gym without a fighting type.
  8. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Let's Go Pikachu (Luigi or Mario say "Let's Go" in the Mario games).
  9. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Uhh...
  10. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

If this is going to happen, I’m expecting Lugia and Ho-Oh on the cover with the Johto starters reprising their role. Not sure if they’d evolve or not.
  11. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

There's a problem with restricting Togepi as starter in both versions. There'll be no 'cool' starter. In LGPE both starters can be viewed as both 'cute' and 'cool', but the cool factor would be missing. They could have beasts on the box, Pikachu and Eevee as starters, with the Johto starters...
  12. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

I always thought that the explanation was almost the same as trainer battles. Wild Pokemon enjoy battles too; and respect your strength as a trainer. This leads them to obey and trust you. The friendship increasing mechanics only help further.
  13. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Don’t make it the only way to obtain Celebi since a second Pokeball Go plus is going to be even more useless than the first one.
  14. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Yeah. At that point I’ll actually prefer my Cyndaquil to fulfil the partner role because it helped me through with the egg quest instead of a random egg taking over. This would defeat the entire point of partner Pokemon.
  15. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Poor phrasing on my part, I guess. I just meant to say that out of all Mt. Silver nominees, Chase seems the most likely since Let's Go Johto would be a sequel to LGPE, just like GS were to RGBY.
  16. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

I think you're confusing what GameFreak should do and what GameFreak would do. If we get a trainer on Mt. Silver, it’s going to be Chase, replicating the entire point of adding Red there.
  17. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

No offence to Magby line fans (I like Magmar myself), but it doesn’t really have that kind of cute box mascot appeal. If Let's Go Johto happens I think they’ll take the simple Red/Blue path and give the box mascot status to any two starters.
  18. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

If this ever happens we’ll get Celebi locked behind a Pokeball Plus painted like a GS Ball.
  19. PkmnTrainerV

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

I think the mascots might be Cyndaquil and Totodile if these games are a thing at all (which I don’t think they’ll be. I’ve explained my reasoning several times on these forums)
Back
Top Bottom