Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Even Calyrex uses Dynamax, with its own energy. And that by definition cannot be a "dangerous threat" since it was fighting Eternatus. We can argue that the red Dynamax Eternatus uses can be a threat (it makes Pokemon go on a rampage), but Calyrex's brand of Dynamax is its own. So I was...
  2. PkmnTrainerV

How that we know that , it seems even more odd that the legendary Wolves can’t Dynamax. I wonder what’s the reason they can’t?
  3. PkmnTrainerV

As someone who likes Megas more than Dynamax... No. The one good thing about Gigantamax is that most of them are designed around being physically larger. They innovate with the added scale the mechanic provides. Just look at the Galar starters for example. Megas haven’t been designed from the...
  4. PkmnTrainerV

I don’t like to believe that Dynamax leads to an actual size increase. Idk I liked gigantism but I don’t like to believe it here. That makes me dislike the mechanic. Also the Hologram explanation cannot explain a lot of thin So my bad-in-physics brain likes to believe that it’s a fictional love...
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Battle Royal did not have a Pokemon reward. People would just enter raid battles alone so they don’t have to fight someone over it. It’s supposed to be teamwork to take down a powerful Pokémon, not a contest.
  6. PkmnTrainerV

From what I’ve read, it’d be pretty helpful to the folks without subscription who're ending up with Magikarp or Solrock as partners.
  7. PkmnTrainerV

Completely wrong here. Fast Pokémon are the best Dynamax users since they've got attacking power. Their balancing point was usually low defences but they get unseen level of bulk with Dynamax and have the potential to boost their stats to attack even more. And remove the choice item limitation...
  8. PkmnTrainerV

@KnightWolf, I can’t take calling people "cowards" over a virtual ban seriously unless you can come up with a counter argument for their pages and pages worth of well researched opinions.
  9. PkmnTrainerV

Not really? Most (if not all) it could use would be Max Guard.
  10. PkmnTrainerV

First of all, the convo with @TechSkylander1518 was you saying that Pseudo legendaries (that are Pokemon with just high base stats) are somehow equivalent to Dynamax and now you being in held items? Why are you changing the topic on an unrelated post instead of actually addressing the point you...
  11. PkmnTrainerV

It's problematic enough to be banned. You can go on about Megas and Z-Moves all you want but thanks to GameFreak they’re not a part of the meta.
  12. PkmnTrainerV

Yes, and even those specific counters are not applicable to all Dynamax Pokémon. You can just Dynamax any Pokémon to take out that counter for a particular battle. Smogon actually has a well written argument on how Ditto soaring in usage indicates an unhealthy meta, and surprise, Ditto's...
  13. PkmnTrainerV

Do you even read your own posts? You suggested using Corviknight and Dusknoir with pressure and spite as counters, and they cannot have flash fire or the normal type. I’m talking about this comment: Again, are you reading your own posts? People are posting how your scenarios don’t work so you...
  14. PkmnTrainerV

So do you suggest every team carries a Pressure user with Spite? What about Max Phantasms and Max Flares? You’re literally doing what you’re blaming Smogon for. You use speed lowering move and immediately get OHKOed by a max move. And all speed lowering you did is now useless if the opponent...
  15. PkmnTrainerV

And if you manage to get a lead over your opponent and they decide to kick of Dynamax, in many cases you’re forced to Dynamax yourself to control the situation, which isn’t really ideal. You might end up losing any momentum you gained thanks to predictions and skill to the opponent’s...
  16. PkmnTrainerV

“the professor stated that” Which professor mentioned Megas and Z-Moves in Galar? There’s no way to use mega evolution or Z-Moves in Galar because GameFreak removed them, and Smogon is just following that in the meta based on Sword and Shield by banning things that are not in... sword and...
  17. PkmnTrainerV

Smogon did not ban Megas and Z-Moves. You can thank GameFreak for that. Smogon are just in essence fans like Serebii which make their own custom rules for people to have fun. You can try their national Dex format for the purpose which includes everything GameFreak cut.
  18. PkmnTrainerV

There are multiple page explanations on the Smogon forums elaborating on it from the mods.
  19. PkmnTrainerV

They don’t need to actually do a 1:1 or a 100% accurate scaling: have the Pokémon be a reasonable size- I mean, having Wailord being smaller than the trainer? Currently it looks like they didn’t even try.
  20. PkmnTrainerV

...messing up the regular scaling to be worse than LGPE in the process...
Back
Top Bottom