• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

Review SM133: Bird Battle! Brave Bird VS God Bird!!

I doubt Rowlet is that much stronger than Decidueye. Hau took on grand trials and trained while it was sleeping. Evolving two times is a mark of training, too.
  2. PkmnTrainerV

And it was forced writing to show Rowlet winning the way it did. The cloak blocking Z-Move thing shouldn’t have worked since the arrows hit Rowlet and exploded anyway. The bird focused more on playing fetch with the everstone instead of trying to avoid Spirit Shackle a second time. At least...
  3. PkmnTrainerV

Rowlet being trapped by a trapping move is perfectly reasonable though, even when it could escape easily, it got trapped. So its more on Rowlet’s ineptitude than bad luck.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

And idk why but this entire episode Rowlet’s sleep looked uncontrollable, when we know for a fact that the bird has enough sleep to last the day... Seriously, instead of angry I felt concerned for Rowlet that it should consult a Pokemon’s Center/some famous Poké-Doctor, since narcolepsy is no...
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Also, Rowlet wasted a lot of time playing fetch for the everstone. And why did it even have to get hit with Spirit Shackle a second time? All because it couldn’t bear to stay away from that wretched everstone for ONE second. You silly bird, you’re too lazy to evolve even without that thing! If...
  6. PkmnTrainerV

Ash could’ve won without Hau facing this fate.
  7. PkmnTrainerV

He has never suffered so badly. Even his loss at Kanto was his own fault to an extent, if he had bothered to train Charizard. There’s literally nothing Hau could’ve done to win.
  8. PkmnTrainerV

Specially when one considers that their rivalry had an even score before this battle: Dartrix defeated Rowlet, and then Rowlet defeated its evolved form, so the cheesy humiliation doesn’t make much sense.
  9. PkmnTrainerV

It just took off its Decidueye suit and the subtitles call it “the art of substitution”. So, Rowlet learnt feather dance as @FinnishPokéFan92 said and not substitute. 3 can summarise the entire episode. Whereas 5 will be my reaction.
  10. PkmnTrainerV

Well, I haven’t seen this episode, but the previous one had already crossed my wtf threshold, with Ash using the Z-Move right at the beginning, and Rowlet escaping the move it shouldn’t have. Even the substitute explanation doesn’t make sense when you look at it again. Well, I didn’t get the...
  11. PkmnTrainerV

That was emotionally charged, I agree, but in hindsight it made me feel that the league really wasn’t for Mallow, and Tsareena had been let down by its trainer. I just felt sorry for Tsareena at the end of the battle and not Mallow herself. What story is this episode supposed to tell? Hau’s...
  12. PkmnTrainerV

Yeah, but I’m counting battles that we’ve actually seen as ‘quality’. Its highly likely that its quality material, but we haven’t seen it yet.
  13. PkmnTrainerV

Why does it make any more sense than being overwhelmed and fainting? By that logic any Pokemon could take a nap instead of fainting and remain in the field infinitely. And Rowlet wanted to prove itself and requested Ash to choose it, so it made sense that Rowlet would take this battle seriously...
  14. PkmnTrainerV

Well, since Typhlosion literally held the record of least appearances for a fully evolved starter Pokemon for 20 years, it probably has had it worse than Decidueye. As a Raichu fan, however, I can understand what Decidueye fans are facing and I’m sympathetic to them. inb4 Fujisaku is the head...
  15. PkmnTrainerV

We literally don’t even know enough about anime Hau to warrant a comparison with his game self.
  16. PkmnTrainerV

Ash should’ve used, or even threatened to use Torracat the moment Rowlet first fell asleep while training.
  17. PkmnTrainerV

We don’t really need Fujisaku’s ‘talents’ at this point in the saga. Any slice of life episode at this point is going to ve ridiculous and take away from important limited screen time.
Back
Top Bottom