• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

Preview SM139: Birth! The Alola Champion!!

Thankfully it isn’t Pikashunium Z! I expect Dusk Mane/Dawn Wings Necrozma theme to make an appearance when/if Gladion's dominating the battle. I don’t know why but an association has been formed by the anime between him and the theme for me.
  2. PkmnTrainerV

Confusion is a side effect of the rampaging itself, though. Lycanroc seems perfectly capable of listening to Gladion in the battle vs Kiawe, and Olivia’s reaction shows that they overcame most of the disorientation that results from Outrage. I hope Outrage’s confusion effects are not a huge...
  3. PkmnTrainerV

The rampage is what causes the confusion though. They’re linked.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

Didn’t Gladion actually overcome the confusion side effects as seen against Kiawe?
  5. PkmnTrainerV

In short, Pikachu's power levels are altered to fit in with the plot...
  6. PkmnTrainerV

But I think it’d be equally more jarring to see Gladion's ace losing against a Pokémon that literally just evolved, and never bothered to battle before, keeping in consideration the colossal amount of training Silvally has. My ideal match ups would be; Melmetal vs Zoroark Pikachu vs Silvally...
  7. PkmnTrainerV

Yeah, but it did take some time, and I'm tired of "they did it off screen" when Rowlet couldn’t even learn a move in that time span. Silvally beating Melmetal makes perfect sense imo, since Silvally is pretty much Gladion's ace, and Ash couldn’t care less about training Mel(tan/metal). It...
  8. PkmnTrainerV

Funny how you mention Ash’s Grotle since its one of the first and the most significant cases of this adjustment. It literally had to be coached by Torterra to adjust. Blastoise isn’t a valid case since we don’t see it thrown in a battle just some time after evolution with zero training...
  9. PkmnTrainerV

I doubt the SM high-power levels are similar to those in XY. It hasn’t battled nearly enough and Golisopod almost dealt with it. It still had its non electric moves, though.
  10. PkmnTrainerV

Inter-series continuity isn’t really an argument in this case. Ash defeated a Latios using Pikachu and lost to an inexperienced Snivy immediately later in the next series. Gladion has had Zoroark for a longer time than Ash has had with evolved Melmetal. Gladion is probably well acquainted with...
  11. PkmnTrainerV

Didn’t Ash battling alongside Royal Mask have a similar episode title? Melmetal losing makes sense since it’s the thing's first battle after evolution, and it has a huge adjustment to make thanks to its body shape. Meltan's usual style is agile which it cannot use now.
Back
Top Bottom