• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

I mean, Regieleki and Regidrago can make a case for Hoenn re-remakes if we're using this logic.
  2. PkmnTrainerV

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

Not to mention that easier to understand words are easier to integrate in marketing.
  3. PkmnTrainerV

I only know what "Apex" means because I’m pursuing a botany degree… I doubt young kids are familiar about Undergraduate Botany vocabulary… Not to mention for most kids "Nadir" is just a random name.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

Unpopular opinion: I’d rather we don’t get any more regions based on the US for some time. There are parts of Asia that are not Japan, why not represent those? It’s not really "fair" for the lack of a better term.
  5. PkmnTrainerV

The user you quoted only mentioned a 360 camera for Gen 9 and that’s what I mention in my comment as well. You can have a 360 camera without a linear story. The wild area is literally a 360 camera with no story. Mod Sun Moon to have an open camera and it becomes a 360 camera game with no story...
  6. PkmnTrainerV

They’re literally preparing for full open world environments. Isle of Armour and Crown Tundra are proof.
  7. PkmnTrainerV

Nintendo has already said that the Switch can have a longer lifespan than their other consoles. And as for hardware, they could give it the New 3DS/PS 4 Pro/XBox One X treatment and release a mid generation spec bump while still having games be compatible with the older switch.
  8. PkmnTrainerV

If you’re going by the logic of using region basis to sell games in the countries (like Chinese region to appeal to China and so on) Nintendo will never get decent sales in India because they quite literally don’t exist there. All switches and games are imported, and we're shit out of luck if...
  9. PkmnTrainerV

They haven’t used metals as names for 10+ years (and 20 years if not counting third versions).... (HGSS don’t count since their metal names were taken over from Gen 2)
  10. PkmnTrainerV

I always thought Ice/Water should have a dynamic that both are resistant to one another. Ice should be resistant to water and water should be resistant to ice.
  11. PkmnTrainerV

I personally liked the Ultra Space concept, I wish Ultra Megalopolis was more than just a corridor since it’s one of the very few alternate dimension settlements that we know of. Guzzlord’s tit-bits are quite fascinating too.
  12. PkmnTrainerV

I’d personally end the discussion here since it’s deviating from the OG discussion of an India region. The culture appropriation stuff is going way too off topic imo, specially since it lacks a Pokemon context.
  13. PkmnTrainerV

Yeah; I’m going off that since GameFreak till now has a good history with culture; and the handful of Indian references thrown in are tasteful. According to my observations as an Indian; most people don’t care about Pokemon in the first place. Most people I know will view it as a nice titbit. I...
  14. PkmnTrainerV

GameFreak has already gained history as a developer who takes references from other regions though, so it isn’t jarring, also, Pokemon is set in a fictional world. It isn’t a 1:1 representation of the actual world (otherwise I don’t think France would've been fond of what GameFreak did to its...
  15. PkmnTrainerV

So using this in the context of Pokémon makes even lesser sense since Japan is in Asia and Pokémon already has a history on using other cultures to make games. If nothing came out of US and UK regions I doubt some south Asian region would be an issue.
  16. PkmnTrainerV

What makes you think South Asia is the only place whose culture gets misrepresented? You’re making it sound like the issue is exclusive there. I don’t know about Ghost of Tsushima, but it isn’t a good representation here since it’s by an American Developer. So it’s weird that an American...
  17. PkmnTrainerV

Maybe the gave India a lot of references since there is a lot of culture influence between the two countries due to colonialism. And if you’re talking about that Piuk leak it claimed a Sri Lanka region but it happened to mention some Indian references.
  18. PkmnTrainerV

A three version game is something that would’ve happened before if GameFreak considers it, I doubt they’d shift to three versions.
  19. PkmnTrainerV

To add onto this, Platinum isn’t a crystal and Crystal isn’t a metal, so the entire theory becomes moot. To add onto this, Pokémon names usually have some sort of contrast. Rainbow and spectrum don’t. Rainbow is a spectrum of colours itself.
  20. PkmnTrainerV

It’s the reverse for me: I sometimes adore the fluffiness but it’s Rapidash which looks weird to me. Everyone prefers different brands of floof.
Back
Top Bottom