Search results for query: *

1. PkmnTrainerV

Your controversial opinions

If they are so powerful, why isn’t every Pokémon running heavy duty boots? I personally haven’t seen many Pokémon hold it other than those with 4x rock weaknesses. And you’re forgetting that you need to sacrifice your item slot to use them. "Remove an entire dimension of gameplay" is an...
  2. PkmnTrainerV

Half the Pokémon you list now have Heavy Duty Boots in all their sets. I find it funny you mention the Mega Charizards, because their viability was significantly reduced due to the rocks. I find it funny how you mention dragonite as well since SR ruins its signature Multiscals sets. Moltres...
  3. PkmnTrainerV

I find it better than the present alternative: a Pokémon becoming instantly un-viable competitively if it’s weak to rock.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

I’m guessing this kind of stuff is a formality now-a-days and they just kept it around as one, a relic of the past and two, a real world point of reference for children as to what a Pokémon is. I don’t think it’s meant to represent anything in-universe now, but @Esserise’s explanation above...
  5. PkmnTrainerV

Yeah, well I do agree with you there but I guess I’m too jaded since I don’t really expect them to just let these products be. I’m not trying to defend them, but honesty I can’t say I’m surprised that they’d shut down fangames.
  6. PkmnTrainerV

Well, I can kind of understand where fan games are coming from, but in general I’m guessing they’d see any Pokémon game that fills the niche of a main series game as a competition. I don’t really blame them for upholding their IP for their best selling games. Stuff like Pokémon Uranium did...
  7. PkmnTrainerV

Have you maybe considered that GameFreak aren’t a fan of pirated competition and copyright infringement?
  8. PkmnTrainerV

Well, the starters are the most thought about Pokémon of a franchise, so what’s inherently wrong with them taking a loose reference from the Chinese zodiac? It doesn’t have to actively restrict their creativity and they can build upon it, but due to the sheer number of creatures in this world I...
  9. PkmnTrainerV

It is still pretty odd that in 23 years of the franchise history we have never recycled a fire starter that is in totally no way related to the zodiac animals. It’s a pretty big coincidence seeing there are only 12 animals in the Chinese Zodiac and the amount of real world species to take...
  10. PkmnTrainerV

As someone who's ONLY shiny encounter in their entire life has been at this point, I still haven’t recovered from it. Is that true for Silver or Soul Silver? Because the presence of Elm should be well planned by Soul Silver, since that’s what Life is talking about.
  11. PkmnTrainerV

It’s because the design is already plain enough. Flames are its design highlight, so it’s a pity that the player won’t even see them 90% of the time.
  12. PkmnTrainerV

This. I’m the first one to admit it isn’t an easy comparison. There are legitimate points for “both sides” (if there even can be two sides, I think there’d be more). I was fairly confused while writing that post myself because enjoyment and value is subjective. What people’s priorities are...
  13. PkmnTrainerV

I don’t think that comparison is straightforward since if someone didn’t buy Moon and bought Ultra Moon, they got a lot of the enhanced experience for just $40. Ultra Moon can exist independently without Moon whereas you need base Sword and Shield to experience the extra content so it blurs the...
  14. PkmnTrainerV

I think there’s one factor which is detrimental for SwSh+ the "complete experience" for being applauded as the most enjoyable entries. - the price tag. Most people's reaction to hearing "Sword and Shield and the DLC are the most enjoyable games compared to other entries" would be- it should be ...
  15. PkmnTrainerV

Due to the mish mash of a English I've been taught (it’s even treated as a separate dialect in vein of American English vs British English now, so yay?) I act the same way myself. Don't quote my previous post if I ever use American spellings. At this point I just go by whatever comes to mind...
  16. PkmnTrainerV

Like the aforementioned removing "u" from words. "Colour" and "honour" are words which I use pretty frequently and the omission of the "u" irks me sometimes. And adding "z" to words instead of "s" like "realise". No offence to the ones who grew up with the Amerifsn versions. I grew up reading a...
  17. PkmnTrainerV

I’m oddly peeved about the fact that the DLC is called Isle of Armor and not "Isle of Armour". Seriously, it’s a British region, the least they could do was use the British spelling. I’m also not a fan of he changes American English sometimes makes so it’s kind of a personal peeve to me.
Back
Top Bottom