Search results for query: *

1. Puddle

Generation IV Remake Speculation

You know, if Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are the real titles, that's actually more clever than it first appears. Brilliant and shining are words that can be used to describe not only gemstones, but also a talented young trainer in a more metaphorical sense. This ties in with Sword and...
  2. Puddle

I'm a little sceptical about that leak. Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl sound plausible (and I'd be fine with those names, honestly) but the 2022 game sounds a bit Farfetch'd. Would they really release two Sinnoh games in a row? DLC seems more likely.
  3. Puddle

I actually feel more excited about the prospect of Sinnoh remakes than I do about Generation 9. Does anyone else feel the same way? Thinking about how an existing region, that we know and love, could be updated and improved upon fires up the imagination. On the other hand, I don't really...
  4. Puddle

True! I think Deoxys was chosen as an opponent for Rayquaza in the Delta Episode because the two had been associated in the past (in the seventh movie and also the TCG). Giratina and Arceus have an even closer connection. It could be that it's a Platinum Episode focusing on Giratina, but with...
  5. Puddle

I absolutely love these logo designs. Like the Sword and Shield logos, they each come with a cool symbol that could be used in the corner of players' league cards. I very much doubt that they're the genuine article (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Pokemon game logos have ever leaked...
  6. Puddle

Following on from what I said earlier about making environments more realistic without changing the layout, here's a sketch of what I think Route 201 could look like on the Switch. Same layout, just with more curves :) Edit: I just realized there should be another patch of tall grass in the...
  7. Puddle

Fixed it now :)
  8. Puddle

The only dungeon alteration I noticed in Let's Go was the removal of the maze from Cerulean Cave's second floor. But this was a positive change in my eyes, plus that floor is now great for finding valuable respawnable items and catching Chansey for experience points, providing an incentive to...
  9. Puddle

I've been playing around with the search settings on the official Japanese Pokedex (I don't speak Japanese, but it didn't take too long to work out what all the buttons do) and I discovered something interesting. If you search for Alola-native Pokemon, the Alolan forms come up, and if you...
  10. Puddle

I think it would be interesting if a Unova remake followed the storyline of the original BW, but used the regional Pokedex from B2W2. That way you'd have Azumarill, Clefable and Wigglytuff in addition to Whimsicott and possibly Mega Audino (which still isn't a huge amount of Fairies, but I...
  11. Puddle

One thing I do like about remakes sticking so close to the originals is that it means less cutscenes. I feel more free to explore in ORAS and Let's Go than I do in any of the other modern games.
  12. Puddle

I'd also like to see Porygon-Z get a new form. It would make sense, because Porygon is a manmade Pokemon that can be continually upgraded. Perhaps Porygon2 could also one day get an alternative evolution called Porygon3, which doesn't have any programming errors. It's a fascinating evolution...
  13. Puddle

Ah, I didn't know that. As far as I'm aware, words in common usage like dawn and dusk can't be copyrighted anyway, so there probably wouldn't be any problems from a legal perspective. If I'm right about that, then the only thing deterring Pokemon from using those words outside of Japan would...
  14. Puddle

You know what, I think Dawn Diamond and Dusk Pearl might be my favourite titles I've heard so far. Simple but effective. How dare Digimon and USUM use the idea first! Mind you, perhaps having a game called Dawn Diamond with a character called Dawn in it would have been a little strange. (How...
  15. Puddle

Yes, that would be great! Phrased like that, those titles could actually refer to the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs, or even to Dialga and Palkia themselves in a metaphorical way. In the Book of Revelation, the phrase "I am the alpha and the omega" is often interpreted to mean "I am the beginning...
  16. Puddle

Another title I think would be good is Destiny Diamond. It fits the "time" theme - if Dialga can control time, it probably knows what everyone's destinies are. But I can't really think of an equivalent title for Pearl that fits. Maybe Destiny Diamond and Infinity Pearl could work together, at...
  17. Puddle

I saw another, slightly different pair of titles in some fan art last night: Divinity Diamond and Infinity Pearl. I like those a lot. However, I suspect the word "divinity" has too many religious connotations for Game Freak to consider using it (remember how they edited Gold and Silver's Sage...
  18. Puddle

Haha, true! If a young trainer claimed to have visited the Distortion World, would anyone actually believe them? They'd have to take Cynthia's word for it, mind.
  19. Puddle

My favourite hypothetical titles that I've seen being thrown around are Eternal Diamond and Infinite Pearl, but even those aren't perfect. Eternal Diamond is fine, but how can a pearl be infinite? I like your idea of doing something different by putting "of" in the title.
  20. Puddle

At the beginning of Sword and Shield, the player character watches Chairman Rose's speech on a video-sharing site similar to YouTube. In the sidebar, there's even a viral video of someone being chased by a Bewear in the Wild Area! Sonia also checks social media for sightings of Sordward and...
Back
Top Bottom