Search results for query: *

1. Puddle

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

One thing I love about Butterfree is that its Compound Eyes ability boosts the accuracy of Sleep Powder. But yeah, for the most part I find it a lot easier to just use Thunder Wave once, and then focus on throwing Poke Balls! I'm glad you caught Uxie in the end. I'd be interested to hear what...
  2. Puddle

Funnily enough, I also used Absol to catch Uxie but I taught it the TM for False Swipe, which you can buy at Veilstone Department Store. I also paralysed it with Luxray's Thunder Wave. Sleep technically works better than paralysis for catching Pokemon, but I find paralysis more convenient...
  3. Puddle

I don't know a lot about game design, but wouldn't they have had to re-program everything from scratch for a Switch game? Surely it can't be as simple as copying the original game's source code. They probably had access to things like the original concept art and story notes, though. I've...
  4. Puddle

Has anyone else noticed how you can't use more than five number digits in the names of your PC boxes? As far as I know, this has never happened in a Pokemon game before. It means that you can't label your boxes for a Living Dex unless you use Os instead of 0s, which is really annoying. I...
  5. Puddle

Oh really? I didn't notice that! Maybe the game starts referring to him as "Boss" as soon as his role in Team Galactic becomes clear in the story.
  6. Puddle

Did anyone else notice how during the climax at the Spear Pillar, Cyrus' dialogue boxes refer to him as "Boss" instead of by his name? Any ideas why they did that? My guess is that it's meant to make him seem more imposing while he puts his plan into action, but it did strike me as slightly...
  7. Puddle

I've been finding it a bit too easy. I've started rotating my team members a bit because they're overlevelled. I think the difficulty will increase when I reach the Pokemon League though, because they've kept the big level jump that the original games had. I'm surprised by this, although it...
  8. Puddle

Perhaps they made it buggy on purpose so it would be a more faithful re-creation of Diamond and Pearl haha. I've never really been a huge fan of glitches (except for the Mew glitch in Gen I), but I can see how playing around with them could be quite nostalgic for people who enjoyed doing that...
  9. Puddle

Pokemon's graphical style has evolved drastically over the last five years, making it more difficult to maintain that balance of old and new. By splitting the Sinnoh project into two separate games, Legends and BDSP, Game Freak have allowed themselves complete creative freedom while...
  10. Puddle

Wurmple's evolution was always random in past games. Maybe you've just been unlucky? I had similarly bad luck trying to get a Silcoon in Ruby back in the day. I believe if you're playing Brilliant Diamond, Silcoon and Beautifly appear in the wild (I found a Beautifly in Eterna Forest and...
  11. Puddle

I see no evidence to suggest that the finished, patched version of the game will be at all lacking in quality. The only issue I have with the patch is that it means the game will be more difficult to preserve in the future.
  12. Puddle

Even though I'm super-excited to play Brilliant Diamond, I actually almost considered cancelling my pre-order because of the day 1 patch. As someone who prefers to buy physical media for preservation purposes, I feel a bit uncomfortable about paying full price for an incomplete cartridge. If I...
  13. Puddle

As gorgeous as Alola and Galar look, I've kind of missed the old art style too. There's something comfortingly familiar about walking around a world made of squares. It's nostalgia I think, but that's as valid a reason as any to enjoy something.
  14. Puddle

I, too, think that BDSP could turn out to be one of the best games of the 3D era. SwSh and ORAS are my favourite games of all time and it would take a lot to top them. But I think there's a good chance that I'll end up liking BDSP more than XY, SM, USUM and LGPE.
  15. Puddle

BDSP has a much larger selection of available Pokemon, though. I'm pretty sure that between the two versions it'll be possible to catch all 493 Pokemon of Gen IV, whereas in HGSS quite a few of them had to be traded from DPPt. The amount of effort put into something doesn't necessarily...
  16. Puddle

I get what you mean, but at the same time, I think people should be able to enjoy the things they enjoy without having to explain themselves. There's nothing wrong with asking someone to elaborate out of genuine curiosity, but sometimes people simply shut down other people's enthusiasm, and...
  17. Puddle

How come when someone says that BDSP are the worst games, worse than Platinum etc, no-one bats an eyelid, yet when someone praises BDSP and calls them the best games we've had in a while, they get rounded on with comments like "you haven't played the game yet", "that's a subjective opinion" etc...
  18. Puddle

I wish more people thought like you. From what I can see, there's at least as much new content in this game as there was in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
  19. Puddle

They could have done this, and I was actually hoping they might (I even made a spreadsheet speculating about what the order might be). But I can understand why they didn't want to deviate that much in a remake. B2W2 and USUM overhauled their Pokedexes but HGSS, ORAS and LGPE only made small...
  20. Puddle

I actually think using the DP Dex makes more sense on the whole. The Platinum Dex has an unintuitive numbering system that wouldn't have made much sense to new players, and it includes Giratina, a Pokemon that presumably doesn't appear in BDSP's main story. I think giving players access to...
Back
Top Bottom