Search results for query: *

1. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Buddy, neither me, nor anyone else here is attacking you. If we're attacking anything, it's your arguments and rationale behind them, but not you personally. Nobody is insulting you or calling you names or harassing you or doing something that would constitute as a personal attack. Nobody is...
  2. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

You know, I really don't understand this line of thinking. "That's how it is in the games, so therefore that's how it should be portrayed in the anime, no matter whether it makes sense or not". You wanna know why some of the things that happen in the games happen only in the games? Because...
  3. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

That's what some of us Star Wars fans used to say after the prequels (not me, though; I have a soft spot for them, as they're the movies that got me into the franchise (plus I really love the Clone Wars era and what came from it)). And, hoo boy, were we wrong. Trust me, the House of Mouse would...
  4. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

You know, I find it somewhat funny that my favorite Pokémon apparently has a win ration of 69%. Also, my god, Torracat's battle history is just egregious. The poor fire cat deserved so much better (and, to a slightly lesser extent, the same goes for Krookodile).
  5. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Personally, I was pretty chill. I was just very curious about the reasoning behind that statement (or if there was even one, outside of "muh opinion").
  6. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Considering that this is the same series the has given us such wonderful gems, like Mimikyu vs Pikachu, Ash vs Hapu, the Fortnite-style Battle Royale and Hau vs Ash/Decidueye vs Rowlet, I'm really curious as to why you consider this one to be the worst one.
  7. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

I... don't actually agree with this. Mary Sue/Gary Stu have very precise definition with very clear criterias used to see if the word applies to a certain something (or, in this case, someone). People misusing it, either due to a lack of understanding of that word, due to ignorance or due to...
  8. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Okay, first off, what the hell even is a Jerk Sue? Is it supposed to be a Gary Stu/Mary Sue who's a jerk? If that's the case, what exactly makes you think that Paul is a Gary Stu? He's shown to be strong, true, and he and his Pokémon were always portrayed to be more powerful than Ash and his...
  9. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Fair point. But it still was an official league nonetheless (and, thus, it still counts as an official league win, at least in some capacity).
  10. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

I mean, there is definitely a case to be made about whether Ash deserved to win this or not, considering the laidback attitude that he had throughout most of this series (as well as the more relaxed approach of the SM series as a whole) and his battle with Hau and the way he won it, not because...
  11. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Okay, either I'm doing a very terrible job of getting my point across or you're just ignoring it. If it's the former, than allow me to be as straightforward as I can be. My point isn't that the writers are physically incapable to make up some contrived way in order to have something happen. My...
  12. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Not that hard to believe, considering that Ash meeting Lapras' family and him releasing it so it could be with them happened in the Orange Islands, a place that's established to be very close to Kanto (with them even sharing the same ocean/sea). And guess what other region is right next-door to...
  13. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Did I? Didn't this whole conversation start because someone said that they still don't understand what constitutes a Released Pokémon? To which you responded by saying that it doesn't even matter, since the term has no meaning in Pokémon. Which it's not true, since the term is used to describe...
  14. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

My friend, words do have meanings, no matter the franchise. That's why definitions exist, to give them meanings. The fact that some people choose to ignore their meaning or the context they're used in doesn't mean that the words are suddenly meaningless, it just means that the person using them...
  15. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

Really? Because the first sentence on that page pretty much explains what a released Pokémon is: "Released Pokémon are Pokémon that have been caught by a Pokémon Trainer, but are sent back into the wild". Basically, if a Pokémon was released back into their natural habitat or was let go by the...
  16. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

This might help.
  17. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

That's only in the games, though. In the anime, however, it's been established and straight up shown that the Pokédexes already have the data on most of the Pokémon, with the exception of a few undiscovered Pokémon species/forms (such as Meltan and Zygarde).
  18. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

I'm sorry, but what? "Sun & Moon characters have had plenty of development"? Are you really sure about that? Because, at least when it comes to the main cast, outside of Kiawe and 1st year Lillie (and only in the series' 1st year), all of the characters have barely had any relevant development...
  19. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

I'm genuinely curious as to why you consider this episode one of SM's "really high ups".
  20. Pulsaro23

Controversial opinions

I can't speak for everyone, but, for me at least, when it comes to Misty's friendship with Lana, it doesn't feel like the two of them have had enough interactions for them to become all buddy-buddy. With the examples that you give, she spent more time with those characters (she travelled two...
Back
Top Bottom