Search results for query: *

1. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Yeah I miss savage Ash as well, more entertaining to watch. You can definitely be kind but roast your friends from time to time. But I don’t think Goh would be able to handle it lol
  2. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Yeah they’re good mons, Ash’s pokemon actually suit him really well. Dragonite can be energetic and goofy outside of battle but serious within it (like Ash himself). Lucario is the fierce battler who wants to reach the highest level (like Greninja), also sharing a unique connection. Gengar...
  3. R1ke

Controversial opinions

You can base some teams on egg groups I reckon, there's common types but allows leeway for mons that still fit the theme
  4. R1ke

Controversial opinions

I kinda like it when they're not all monotype, but go to a broader 'theme'. Like Karen using other night mons like Gengar/Vileplume, but ofc teams like Flint's DP one are dumb
  5. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Also did they have to give Iris a Dragonite? If they wanted a flying, rampaging, disobedient, fully evolved dragon type, Hydreigon was right there. She even bonded with a Deino smh My boy deserved better than to only be used by he-who-shall-not-be-named
  6. R1ke

Controversial opinions

I mean yeah but I wouldn't put it past them to do that
  7. R1ke

Controversial opinions

I think he will beat Cynthia, even if his team doesn't look that impressive rn. They've given them sudden powerups or moveset overhauls offscreen so they might do that again to 'close the gap', so to speak Also feel like his victory against Leon (the 'strongest' in the world) would be...
  8. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Tbh I never bought Ash and co being 10. Not cause they act more ‘mature’ but 10 just seems way too young for their designs. Like 10 year olds are tiny in real life lol. I always pictured them ~13-14, I think that’s closer to some of the in game protags as well. Like Bonnie and Max look like...
  9. R1ke

Controversial opinions

I'm sure they can work around it anyway, they don't dwell much on past events during character returns. They'll probs just allude to it with a line or two then move on
  10. R1ke

Controversial opinions

It’s crazy how even the best battles like Ash vs Paul or Kukui had a fall guy. Or at least a ‘jobber’ in some way
  11. R1ke

Controversial opinions

If I was rating the current ones Gyarados vs Charizard was actually alright since it was the first time we saw the spectacle, but I enjoyed the first half more Pikachu vs Charizard was nothing spectacular since it was so one sided, but that was the point Charizard vs Duraludon was not that...
  12. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Honestly I’m so glad the anime takes its own liberties. Cause game logic can make no sense. What happens when mud bomb hits flying types? Or thunder punch hits a gligar? Like you’re telling me, if I let a Mega Charizard X absolutely rampage with outrage, a little Igglybuff is just gonna take no...
  13. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Finally this gets me as well. I’m tired of seeing people point fingers at one person, like they’re responsible for all the problems. It happens a lot, in hollywood as well. Actors being blamed for bad movies, directors taking the fall for the studio, or even the genre/film series getting a bad...
  14. R1ke

Controversial opinions

It sucks that we're at a point where Dragonite/Gengar/etc just showing up is something we 'celebrate'
  15. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Honestly I’ve noticed a lot of posts in this thread are hardly controversial. Sometimes it feels like people are just saying the obvious. Like pointing out how flawed Ash’s team is, how galar rep has been handled, criticising PWC, etc. Does anyone actually disagree with these takes? Seems like...
  16. R1ke

Controversial opinions

I just feel bad for this series. Maybe because of covid. Maybe because it needs to intertwine with pokemon go. Maybe due to all the timeslot and director changes. Or maybe because it got thrust with task of promoting all 8 regions and showcasing all ~1000 pokemon for some reason. Completely...
  17. R1ke

Controversial opinions

I think people are too harsh on the alola league. It being that format makes sense given the context. Remember how most characters only had 1-2 pokemon to begin with. If they wanted to 3v3s all the way, they’d either have to scrap using notable characters (and fill it with pointless cotds...
  18. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Ironically Goh works best when he's not catching mons left and right. When he takes his time with each one. I'm sure he learns a lot more about pokemon this way as well.
  19. R1ke

Controversial opinions

And once again, my thing with Alain returning is that the battle just won’t be as good as last time. It’ll likely just be a 3v3 at most (if in hyper class) and there won’t be any buildup to it. Even if it’s a 6v6, I’d rather they save full battles against newer opponents rather than just...
  20. R1ke

Controversial opinions

Once again it’s that progression of Goh’s character that’s my main gripe. Like with super class they blazed through the important parts of his development, like changing his perspective on pokemon, battle skills and even character motivation. So it’s harder to be invested where he is now. It’s...
Back
Top Bottom