Search results for query: *

1. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Earth Day 2021: A turning point for climate action Update context: US had just pledged 52% GHG emissions reduction by 2030 at the Leaders Summit on Climate. State of 2020: climate change indicators and impacts worsened Climate change indicators and impacts worsened in 2020
  2. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Thank you for sharing that.
  3. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Immediate reaction: unfortunate. Following reactions: - "bike-shed" problems, except with "difficult/important vs. simpler/less-important" swapped for "important/unexciting vs. unimportant/hot-topic" - What's the comparison of the info vs. for voters for Democrats or independent? I'm very...
  4. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

___ I have to say, I'm not 100% following exactly what you're trying to say here. (I have even more trouble following your subsequent posts. I have an idea, but can't be sure). This is certainly not a challenge exclusive to you: I have plenty of personal trouble both with (1) interpreting words...
  5. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Very understandable from a game theory perspective. Still incredibly sad that seeking to do the right thing will get such flak. And that it was obviously enough of an impediment to reach this non-conviction result. Astoundingly unfortunate. Justice systems are still run by people, and there...
  6. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

[provisional half-formed message, poor flow] [disclaimer / I am a political layperson, etc. etc.] Hey Antiyonder! I quite agree with the framing that TechSkylander provided above. [Also too tired to properly read the response Tech posted atm, but I also jive with the parts I skimmed.] And I...
  7. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Very short piece, touching on misinformation and the increasing splitting of US residents by beliefs, community links, and information channels. https://www.axios.com/capitol-siege-misinformation-trump-d9c9738b-0852-408d-a24f-81c95938b41b.html "Why it matters: America, in its modern...
  8. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Analytic commentary by Politico on the nature of the coup. https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/11/capitol-riot-self-coup-trump-fiona-hill-457549 Quote: " These observations are based on the idea that a coup is a sudden, violent seizure of power involving clandestine plots and military...
  9. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Absolutely agree. As with the comments from the last few days, of holding President Trump accountable for all his actions recently (and over the four years). __ Reminds me of your document and some previous notes.
  10. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Thanks for sharing this the other day. It's really late Friday night but I had things to do earlier in week and no mental bandwidth to engage in multiple places, too. Personally, my main takeaway is--why do I continue to be surprised by the American population? I have plenty of conservative...
  11. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Some notes on environmental policies and politics: [part 2/2] https://sciencing.com/how-to-contact-your-representative-about-climate-change-13714007.html __ Now that the Democrats should have the thinnest of majorities in Senate, the US government should be able to better cooperate on...
  12. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Some notes on environmental policies and politics: links are underlined, some in bold. (so, not including any that are focused on climate information and reporting) [Will probably edit this post later? really tired. but some content for now.]...
  13. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Yes! Good news for US environment. 'It's my homeland': the trailblazing Native lawmaker fighting fossil fuels https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2020/12/18/what-deb-haalands-historic-nomination-as-interior-secretary-means-for-indigenous-peoples/ _ Biden To Pick North Carolina Regulator...
  14. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

(may delete this comment) probably won't get to it, but would respond to this if i have time/mental bandwidth
  15. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Late reminder #1 to remind those you know who are residents of Georgia (US). Including those who will be 18 y.o. by 2021-Jan-05.
  16. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Thank gosh. Should have happened half a month ago, but delayed is better than continuing to delay. Government needs to be able to do it's work when so many are relying on certain services, and start moving on so many next steps...
  17. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

I forgot to share this here. My share here probably won't impact any, but still doing so. It's time-sensitive to today. Realized it's already past 1700 hours postmark for USPS in EST, but if you're a resident of Georgia and out-of-state to the west, you can still submit immediately? Looks like...
  18. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

I was so excited. I still don't know much of anything, but I'm deflated, at the moment. That was one of the big bad things about Congressman Beto O'Rourke. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/15/beto-orourke-friend-fossil-fuel-industry-climate-change
  19. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

Again, a lot of work to be done in a lot of areas-- Including climate, (to note more on that here, with a new Axios article): - Axios: Biden day 1 challenges (on) climate change - SciAm: Biden stocks transition teams with climate experts Biden's Day 1 challenges: Climate change Biden Stocks...
  20. Rainfall

American Politics Thread

For incoming 46th President's actions- A lot of work in a lot of areas- https://www.npr.org/2020/11/09/932190347/bidens-first-100-days-here-s-what-to-expect (I'm forgetting if someone already shared this before, apologies for that, but re-sharing is still worthwhile: NPR 2020-11-09 article)...
Back
Top Bottom