Search results for query: *

1. R

Controversial opinions

It wasn’t an excuse. It was a joke (albeit wasn’t funny, and poor delivery from me) because a lot of us did that, and it’s convenient in the way Origins was written. I’m not happy with the way Ash is in Journeys with relying on Pikachu and Lucario, and the same applied for Red in Origins. And in...
  2. R

Controversial opinions

Let’s be fair on Red, I can imagine a lot of us over levelled our starters, in favour of other acquainted members, within the rookie years of being trainers. Case in point, I had a Swampert at Lv 100 (first Pokemon of mine to reach that - aged seven; one reason it’s one of my favourites), and as...
  3. R

Controversial opinions

I believe that TR are the most important part of the anime. Over the years, especially during D&P, I would always see people complaining about TR interrupting a battle, and that alone served as a reason for them to be cast aside. However, as stated above, I genuinely think they’re integral to...
  4. R

Controversial opinions

I think in order to fully enjoy the anime at times, you just have to accept that the show itself is never taking the games’ logic seriously. If every match-up was decided by the type advantage, like we have 80% of the time in competitive, then the anime would have been beyond boring within its...
  5. R

Controversial opinions

I honestly think ranking the power of each of Ash’s Pokemon has become ridiculously absurd, all thanks to the PWC. A Champion’s Pokemon can be taken out by an inexperienced Dracovish, yet some of Ash’s top Pokemon couldn’t even compete with the E4 in Sinnoh. In anything, it’s a clear sign Ash...
  6. R

Controversial opinions

If we’re talking about English Openings, despite being my least favourite series (for now), I have to say that Best Wishes/B&W’s songs absolutely slapped, and are my personal favourites as a whole. The first one was pretty chill and cool with a nice message in a fitting context of the show, then...
  7. R

Controversial opinions

I meant disrupt the rhythm in terms of the momentum of the fight through the encouragement, not interrupt the fight. At football matches (soccer, if you call it that), it’s very real in that regard. According to studies by sport psychologists, there’s an optimal zone of arousal to benefit...
  8. R

Controversial opinions

Roxie handed the Pecha Berry out after the match, but still, it’s poor. As I was jogging my memory, I forgot Iris and Cilan were trying to disrupt the rhythm of the fight by chanting louder than the rest of the crowd, like it’s Karasuno v Shiratorizawa. It’s like Iris and Cilan even noticed Ash...
  9. R

Controversial opinions

I didn’t care if Ash fought Roxie or Drayden, but I still don’t get why they made the battle between them 6v3. Maybe to make Roxie look good for the sequels? Best guess I can raise, but in many aspects, this felt so dumb. It’s not bad in terms of action, but the writing is among some of the...
  10. R

Controversial opinions

I think Cilan was probably a more enjoyable battler than Brock, to be honest. Maybe it was because he was given more time to show off his style, (as of having more competitions to appear in) as Brock often got forced into the background of competitive arcs (Hearthome Tag Contest), and I really...
  11. R

Controversial opinions

I wouldn’t say I hate him, it’s just he’s the least interesting companion Ash had had, at least in my eyes. Honestly, if they bring him back, they could easily make him more likeable.
  12. R

Controversial opinions

I don’t really think this is unpopular, given the defence for Brock, but I believe that Cilan was Ash’s worst companion. I…don’t even know what the point in him was. They mention after their gym-battle together, that Cilan wanted to learn more from Ash, and henceforth wanted to travel with him...
  13. R

Controversial opinions

This may be really controversial, but I would prefer if Paul didn’t show up in the PWC. I feel like it would be amazing, but that hype will hinder it. Their storyline has already come full circle, anything added on top will never surpass the previous instalment; the expectations will never be...
  14. R

Controversial opinions

I get that, but it feels wrong just to disregard May’s eventual goal. It’s not like it’s to beat Drew, it’s to win the entire thing. It kind of feels redundant to make a character seemingly be all about beating one character, rather than something much, much bigger. I mean, the anime has shown...
  15. R

Controversial opinions

Actually, another moment in the anime that annoyed me was May vs Solidad. It’s not bad…wait, how would I know? They cut the battle in pieces! I seriously do not understand why they did that. When I rewatched the episode, the battle was shown to be roughly two minutes - they jump into the battle...
  16. R

Controversial opinions

I was going to say that something like that has already been done with Harrison’s Blaziken sending Ash to Hoenn, but, who am I kidding, the anime has ripped off itself many times prior. And who’s to say they couldn’t do it better? And because I despise this league, I should mention other...
  17. R

Controversial opinions

Ash losing to Cameron pissed me off way more than his defeat to Tobias. I never really hated the introduction of Tobias, maybe because I was only like ten at the time, but I never got mad at the show for creating such a nuclear warhead, with no relevance to the plot, other than stopping Ash...
  18. R

Controversial opinions

Cause I’m bored again, I’d figure I’d do a ranking of all of Ash’s Pokemon. (I won’t be ranking Butterfree, Kingler, Pidgeot, Primeape and Lapras, only because I don’t have that great of a memory for them, and think it’s unruly for me to judge something I barely saw - I wasn’t even born whilst...
  19. R

Controversial opinions

My problem with the Z-Moves is that they were mastered and had no questions left to be asked about them. So, there’s no real reason to bring them back, other than to completely destroy the battle. Unless Volkner somehow has one, this seems like complete overkill. Ash-Greninja was never fully...
  20. R

Controversial opinions

It’s just occurred to me that there’s only been six episodes in Journeys where Pokemon have learnt a new move Dragonair learning Dragon Dance Sobble learning U-Turn Scorbunny evolving to learn Ember G.Farfetch’d learning Detect Riolu evolving to learn Aura Sphere Dragonite gaining Draco Meteor...
Back
Top Bottom