Search results for query: *

1. Red Ryu

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

I think the intent clearly was not to make it come off as blackface. The US in particular has it way worse with race relations than most places in the world. Do I think him dressing up as is, is racist? No not at all. Can I see someone seeing it? Yeah. I'd disagree heavily since the intent is...
  2. Red Ryu

Does Paul count? Because I think that is the payoff people wanted with Alan but they didn't get. Even if I think they were going for while they are close in combat Ash is better with his resolved, but idk Alan never bothered me since losing to him made the most sense out of most of the rivals...
  3. Red Ryu

This is my least favorite Pokemon league, I don’t know if I would call it bad at points but this battle illustrates a lot of my problems with the Kanto era in general. Is there thematic weight to how ash loses and wins? Sure, but the pacing is pretty bad. When Ash wins this first one, it’s a...
  4. Red Ryu

That side note about Otoshi is something you don't think about until you are older. Reminds me of the Ranma 1/2 dub with it's Chinese caricature in episode 1, where the 90s dubs try to do an accent but years later it looks pretty bad looking back on it.
  5. Red Ryu

Huh, stuff like the princess episode make me see how much editing is 4kids did back in the day. I thought Hoenn and later were a lot worse for edits but Kanto had it's fair share of countless edits.
Back
Top Bottom