Search results for query: *

1. Ryu Taylor

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

If that's true, then I'm getting Moon Version for Christmas, along with Yooka-Laylee.
  2. Ryu Taylor

I can't believe I forgot about Dante Basco (who's Filipino, but still), who still sounds like Rufio (and also Prince Zuko) even at the age of 40.
  3. Ryu Taylor

IMO, the English one lost nothing by not doing that, and gained everything (such as the one point that ultimately made me favor the dub soundtrack of M03 over the original) by stopping the BGM when Quagsire got defeated. To be fair to Dogasu on one point, though, it was his site where I learned...
  4. Ryu Taylor

It sure looks that way, but seriously, he's got nothing on Masahiro Sakurai. I know I already said this on the actual anniversary date, but Happy Sweet Sixteenth!
  5. Ryu Taylor

By the way, I think the reason why Dark Mewtwo got renamed Shadow Mewtwo in the upcoming English version of Pokken Tournament is because the English version of the franchise has a Dark Type (which is known in Japanese as Evil Type; a foolish choice if you ask me, seeing as how it contradicts the...
  6. Ryu Taylor

Yep, they should've. I wasn't saying I agree with that shallow statement of theirs, just that I only slightly understand if they came to that conclusion by seeing the Pokemon movies. It definitely doesn't make them right, though, and it honestly makes me wonder if they saw any non-Pokemon...
  7. Ryu Taylor

That's also my complaint about the original opening and kudos to the dub opening. In fact, the movie remix of "Pokemon Johto" was what gave the dub soundtrack the one point that made me favor it 51/49 over the original soundtrack.
  8. Ryu Taylor

Quite a patriot, eh? Honestly, while they are fun films, Pokemon movies are really not good examples of high-quality Japanese cinema. I highly doubt Haigney and Grossfeld would say those myopic things about Studio Ghibli films or any film by Akira Kurosawa. For goodness' sake, Kurosawa's...
  9. Ryu Taylor

I have some things to add about this movie. Whenever I hear Molly's original name (Mii) or see it typed, I imagine the Nintendo Wii/3DS/WiiU avatars. Just the side effects of seeing the original version after 2006 (I saw it in 2015, by the way). I'm in 100% agreement that it was unnecessary to...
  10. Ryu Taylor

First of all, Happy Sweet 16th! Now then, the movie. Yes, it's very nice we got a mostly faithful dub this time. That part about what the DVD Commentary said about Molly's mother... I'm interpreting that as Grossfeld and Haigney having been told about where she is quite a while before they got...
  11. Ryu Taylor

Or, hopefully, whatever official dub version of this song happens (if it does) will just totally rewrite that part and not reference any real-world places at all.
  12. Ryu Taylor

In general, this is the kind of song that can't be perfectly translated, anyway.
  13. Ryu Taylor

Good translation, but you forgot to translate "ya na kanji" as "this feels bad", "ii kanji" as "this feels good", and "Rocket-dan" as "Rocket Gang". I feel that Adamant did the superior translation.
  14. Ryu Taylor

A plot hole that the dub made an effort to fix, by the way, just like when they fixed the second film's Ancient Mew card plot hole.
  15. Ryu Taylor

Disregarding how much I believe the original version of the anime and anything about it (except the first movie and the undubbed banned episodes) is not fine the way it is, and I can't believe I am about to say this, but the "Pikachu and Pichu" comparison was actually really good and fair. As...
  16. Ryu Taylor

Japanese filmmaking, that is. They seem to understand how to make a film the Western way (which, I must admit to liking the Western way better). I don't remember them misinterpreting anything, but I do remember that part about Molly's mother was something they got totally wrong. As much as I...
  17. Ryu Taylor

Yeah, I also remember that gaffe. Personally, while I think the Pikachu and Pichu dub improved on the narration of the first short, it didn't improve on the second short's narration, or lack thereof in that one's case. I'd still love to see narration totally disappear from the Pikachu shorts, as...
  18. Ryu Taylor

A drug scandal is a drug scandal, no matter the country. I remember when Jamie Waylett (Vincent Crabbe from the Harry Potter films) got arrested for marijuana possession and had to miss out on the final two films (resulting in the last film making it so that Goyle burned down the Room of...
  19. Ryu Taylor

By the way, I don't know how much it'll help your upcoming re-comparison of the movie, but you may want to hear the 4kids audio commentary on it (or track down a transcript). There's some interesting stuff in it, such as the reason why they moved the scene of Professor Hale's return to the real...
  20. Ryu Taylor

There's always Kickstarter.
Back
Top Bottom