Search results for query: *

1. S

Anime & Manga General Discussion

In retrospect I think Misty/Brock's Mega evolution battle episode should have been moved to this series, as it fits this series a bit more. Have Misty/Brock still show up in Alola for vacation. The Pikachu vs. Mega Gyarados battle also felt exactly like an early PWC match too. That's probably...
  2. S

The "treasure hunts" literally just look like the usual sidequests and/or mini-game collect-a-thons most previous games had, with battles against giant or boss pokemon. It's hardly any different than what the anime did in both SM and Journey's. I don't see them dedicating a full goal to that to...
  3. S

All they need is 1 episode. Koharu/Go don't really have that much story to wrap up, it'll likely just be them starting their own journey's going in different directions than Ash. I mean they basically do that now anyway.
  4. S

I think they'll purposely hold back announcing a new series because Ash vs. Leon is literally the biggest deal right now and if Ash wins it would likely have an impact on how the next series is set-up.
  5. S

Pokemon have always continued to appear in series after their original gen, I'm sure we'll see the remaining Gen 8 pokemon next series. It is too bad they couldn't squeeze them all in this time but I'm sure we'll see them all eventually. But I can understand people wanting to see them animated.
  6. S

Goodra leaving mid-series was strange in retrospect but since it came back and stayed through the Flare arc it doesn't really matter. Hopefully it gets a cameo watching Ash's matches at some point.
  7. S

The Piplup complaints were always a bit overblown back then. There definitely was a time they made a bit too many fillers for it, but Piplup was handled well for a main girls pokemon and the rest of her team still got time to shine too. It was also the last main girls pokemon that was actually...
  8. S

Yeah, it definitely seems like DP characters like Paul, Cynthia, Infernape, Dawn/Piplup definitely wound up being series favorites decade after the series ended. We also see some of that now with people and the XY cast and Greninja's evergreen popularity, Serena, Bonnie/Clemont and even Alan. SM...
  9. S

That's pretty much already happened, all the younger fans on twitter/discord, etc. don't really care much for the anime prior to DP, a lot of them really like BW, and they debate between XY/SM which they like more. BW is 12 years old now, anyone who is 20 or younger pretty much grew up with it...
  10. S

AG is a weird spot where it's both simultaneously too old now for the younger fanbase to be familiar with and it also came after the original fad era ended around mid-Johto so it never had mainstream status like the OS did. That and as mentioned, it doesn't necessarily have anything too bad that...
  11. S

If the writers weren't so stuck on formula, then Ash vs. Paul would have been the finals of the Sinnoh league (no Tobias), and Ash could have battled Cynthia back in 2010 like they foreshadowed. Instead they had to stick to formula of Ash losing every league for 20 years...so here we are now.
  12. S

I agree, but otherwise there would just be breaks those weeks. I guess something happened with producing the early eps of the next series while finishing this one. Either way the clip shows aren't taking the place of battles, especially now that we know Ash/Cynthia may be 2-3 episodes, and Leon...
  13. S

It's already been established clip-shows are due to production problems, it's obvious they weren't planned to happen. I don't know why people keep bringing this up.
  14. S

I wonder if they'll edit it together as a movie, they just need to replace the endings for each ep (which the dub never includes anyway)
  15. S

The fact that one of the quests seem to be treasure hunts for the school activities implies we probably won't focus in it much. Maybe for a filler or two
  16. S

That merch isn't for the anime.
  17. S

There's some rough eps all around, but a lot of early SM eps set the foundation for the rest of the saga, even things we didn't know would amount to anything at the time like Pikachu/Tapu Koko's rivalry, Kukui and Incineroar being the final opponent of the series, the early stuff with Lillie...
  18. S

Ash is Champion level, even if he loses to Leon he'll be #2 in the world. Going from champion level back down to normal Gym leaders will be and even further regression than from the end of DP to BW. Unless you really want another Ash-style reset again.
  19. S

Ash doing normal Gyms again will be such a downgrade I hope it doesn't happen
  20. S

Tomioka said he was surprised the scene of May and Drew saying goodbye had no pokemon out with them and he wouldn't do that nowadays. But I think it worked better back then since they focused on the human characters and May/Drew in that sunset scene talking about going to Johto worked better...
Back
Top Bottom