Search results for query: *

1. S

Now That Contests Are Retconned into Showcases, I Guess these Contest Pokémon Now Have to be Boxed

I still wonder why neither Serena or Lisia received a Contest ribbon. Sure you could say the scene ended before we got to that part, but in Kalos they had those princess key things so it's interesting they didn't show the winner get anything this time. Also of note Serena didn't show Koharu a...
  2. S

Now That Contests Are Retconned into Showcases, I Guess these Contest Pokémon Now Have to be Boxed

Even people who speak Japanese said these are referred to as Contest Live and are distinct from previous contests.
  3. S

I watched the episode again with subs and again Lisia called them Contest Live, and that strength doesn't matter in "these" contests. At the end Lisia also asked Serena to perform in an idol group with her. It's pretty obvious traditional contests still exist since they went out of their way to...
  4. S

In the context of the anime back then when all we had was Misty/Brock they did seem like battlers at the time since we didn't have any companions to compare them to. Misty was still a gym leader and had at least a few battles each season and the Whirl Cup and about 8 pokemon by the end of the...
  5. S

These aren't the same as the other Contests so they didn't retcon anything. We obviously weren't going to get a whole battle round in a single episode. There's most likely different venues of Contests now since the writers aren't going to say May and Dawn don't have contest battles anymore...
  6. S

The episode pretty much implies Lisia's contests were new. It's obvious May and Dawn still battle.
Back
Top Bottom