Search results for query: *

1. S

Review JN117: VS Shirona! Iris's Road to Dragon Master!!

This is kind of simplifying things, since the Drasna battle is panned by most people for Ash's pokemon taking too many hits and coming back with almost one-hit KO's. Not counting Alan's match which was screwed over for being in half an ep: - Iris Excadrill bounced off Gastrodon's sponge like...
  2. S

I'm actually glad Milotic didn't defeat it with say Ice beam or something, seeing Dragonite taken out by a different move was nice. The impact of the animation also really made it look like it got its head smashed in hard.
  3. S

The writers wanted to give a win to one of Iris' pokemon and they chose Excadrill since it was her starter so Dragonite had to lose. If they had done the opposite, people would have complained Excadrill's first appearance in like 10 years was just to lose. So it's inevitable a Pokemon has to...
  4. S

They could have at least had Ash put his hand on Iris' shoulder. As mentioned the whole scene was very similar to May's loss to Solidad at the end of AG. May bursts into tears and then Ash and Brock walk over to her and at least place their hands on her shoulder.
  5. S

Interesting to note the Goodra in the flashback in Iris' first episode was likely Claire's, otherwise we probably would have had her use it here. It also confirms Iris used her Gible against Claire and it apparently never evolved. (Funnily enough Gible is her only pokemon that hasn't appeared...
  6. S

At least Lance spoke to Ash once before he left. :p
  7. S

She did say that? I'm really glad she and especially Alan are sticking around. Especially given Lance seems to have left? I hope them keeping Alan around in particular will lead to something with Ash since they could of just sent him off too.
  8. S

I still prefer the Lance/Diantha one in terms of strategy but this was fine. I really don't mind the lack of dodging tbh.
  9. S

Her Dragonite hasn't won a battle since beating Dawn's Mamoswine in BW. It had to have won off-screen so Iris rise to champion make sense but it lost every on-screen battle. Her Dragonite lost to Ash's Krookodile, Drayden, Claire, Charizard almost beat it before N stopped the battle, the...
  10. S

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed Iris crying seemed like a throwback to May losing to Solidad. It was almost done the same way it felt intentional. Only difference is Ash and Go didn't touch her shoulders like Ash and Brock did. The Dragonite/Milotic portion did go by too fast but the...
Back
Top Bottom