Search results for query: *

1. S

Review JN123: The Semifinals II: "Dazzle"

Lance's Dragonite did fairly well, it was basically Lance's star since his Gyarados went down first. I'm sure Ash's will do something in Leon's.
  2. S

Retroactively I like that this makes the Excadrill vs Gastrodon battle make fit more. Excadrill kept bouncing off Gastrodon barely delivering damage and Iris had to use Horn Drill to take it out. Pikachu's power level >>>>>>> Excadrill.
  3. S

I pretty much figured the weight of the boulders plus Pikachu's attack smashing into them contributed to the blow back of it. I guess for some the way it was animated wasn't as clear though.
  4. S

https://twitter.com/TBlader497/status/1566520318457483268 While people wondered about this, if you watch the clip, the two boulders explode in Gastrodon's face right after the Quick attack. So I don't see why people are surprised it went down. Good thing the writers didn't have Pikachu use...
  5. S

Excadrill pretty much bounced off it in their battle, but here it had the unbalanced rocks and Pikachu smashing throguh them. Since both boulders literally exploded and splintered into its face, that's pretty much exactly what happen. Besides that with Pikachu being as strong as it is now...
  6. S

So watching this a third time, Pikachu smashing through the rocks definitely seemed to have some impact on Gastrodon. It wasn't just the quick attack that did it in, but the debris from the rocks and likely impact of the weight. I think Cynthia was expecting Gastrodon to take out Pikachu (since...
  7. S

@Kairyu surprised you didn't care for the tactics of this ep since it was written exactly like an older DP style battle. As I mentioned before, the fast pacing with the switches meant the battle didn't linger on one aspect for long. Animation was fine for this ep as well and Iwane's next week...
  8. S

The exploding rocks clearly also did damage to Gastrodon after Pikachu hit them. They didn't break with debris flying for no reason
  9. S

Rewatched the gastrodon part again, Pikachu's quick attacks pretty much crushed the boulders on top of Gastrodon and the debris all hit it in the air. I suppose the animation didn't make that as clear as it could of been, but Gastrodon seemed to be taken out by the weight of the rocks and not...
  10. S

Also technically most of Ash's JN team are hatchings or young pokemon, lol. Only Gengar isn't.
  11. S

We basically saw that though, Dragonite and Gengar were all out for long periods of time for the battle (I'm honestly surprised how long Dragonite was kept around since it could have just been KO'd quicker than it was) and Pikachu as well. Gastrodon is the only pokemon that went down pretty fast...
  12. S

Pikachu shining is a great thing although I get what you mean. Pikachu carried the Steven battle and did well against Cynthia battling Spiritomb, Gastrodon and Togekiss. This is where Pikachu's strength as a champion-tier pokemon really shines. We saw this in the Kukui match too, Pikachu is...
  13. S

We already know that from older previews, Lucario is Ash's last pokemon standing
  14. S

I assume Gastrodon is the weakest member of Cynthia's team. It wasn't made clear last time because Horn Drill was a one hit KO move but this ep did. Glad Pikachu took it down properly, I was afraid they would have it use Thunderbolt on a ground type but thankfully they didn't.
  15. S

I mean it does considerable damage and Pikachu withstood it anyhow. Had Destiny Bond not taken it down, Pikachu probably would have lasted long enough to take out Togekiss and maybe Milotic. Pikachu really is the pokemon here that feels Champion tier on the Champions teams.
  16. S

Gengar took multiple attacks from Spiritomb and Roserade's Leaf Storm. I think people should rewatch the battle. None of Ash's pokemon went down in 1 hit. Dragonite also got tackled by Spiritomb even before the Hypnosis/Dream eater combo. Pikachu got hit with Togekiss Air Slash too
  17. S

Cynthia's tactics the whole episode really were great. Her constant switching confusing Ash why she would recall Spiritomb, using Togekiss and Roserade to inflict damage on Pikachu and Gengar before calling them back, sending out a ground type like Gastrodon against Pikachu, the Hypnosis/Dream...
  18. S

What? Gengar took multiple attacks in the episode from Spiritomb, Roserade's Magical Leaf. How in earth was Gengar one-shot? Did you watch the episode? Pikachu literally slammed two heavy boulders on top of it and Gastrodon's sticky body couldn't drop them. I don't see a problem there. Gengar...
Back
Top Bottom