• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. SerenaToAlola

PokeAni Missed Opportunities

So I just finished episode 8 and I think it started well until episode 5 though Pikachu being raised by Kangaskhan came from no where. It’s still enjoyable but kind of disappointing how it’s almost like the past had been erased. I feel like Go’s character development got kind of lost once he...
  2. SerenaToAlola

Well I'm still at Episode 5 so the catching spree hasn't started yet ahaha. As for the rest of your comment, this anime is sadly meant to promote GO whose main premise is the catching of Pokemon.
  3. SerenaToAlola

Did we watch the same show? Isn't that why he's a pokemon research fellow? Okay it's not explicitly stated but I think it can be implied from how in the first ep he saw Mew as a kid and in the second ep when he declared that his starter Pokemon was going to be Mew, especially since it seemed...
  4. SerenaToAlola

I agree with wanting less dependence on Ash but not this way. Personally, I think a shift in focus from Ash to a new trainer would be a lot more interesting. I think they were on to something in Diamond and Pearl when they gave Dawn a bigger role than the companions from before and though I...
  5. SerenaToAlola

I wanted Ash to get Alolan Sandslash.
  6. SerenaToAlola

Oh I see I get it. Well, he was one of the best there no doubt. I just don't know if he was the best. He had a mythical too tho it didn't exactly help him win. I feel like it is a problem that stemmed from how the season as a whole had developed. Anyway I just realised there's actually a thread...
  7. SerenaToAlola

Not really. The first round was a Battle Royale. Ash's friends stuck together and helped each other out. Them making it was reasonable. Once again, you're going by the assumption that nothing else about the series has changed whereas I am writing with regards to alternative developments that...
  8. SerenaToAlola

Could you please clarify what you are trying to say here? I don't think it is fair to compare twenty years of anime material against Kiawe's lone appearance in this season. Besides, the anime treats anything before Sun and Moon as tangentially related. His worthiness should be measured by what...
  9. SerenaToAlola

Uh, if we go by this logic then it just means that he has to win all the time from now on which is kind of ridiculous. Instead of thinking of it as a reset, it's just an acknowledgement of how there were trainers better than him. Tbh, the whole series really irritated me cause he was posited as...
  10. SerenaToAlola

Here's some changes I would make to the Alola league. First of all, getting rid of redundant matches like Faba and Samson Oak and bringing in Kahili and Molayne. I feel like Kiawe should have won, he was the only one who was consistent about training throughout the years and they mentioned his...
  11. SerenaToAlola

The Alola league was a HUGE missed opportunity. Well first of all watching Ash win was very unsatisfying since his only strategy was just to counter with counter. It’s almost like he didn’t have much of a brain. Perhaps that was the kind of behaviour they wanted to encourage. That anyone can win...
  12. SerenaToAlola

That was exactly the problem with how she got her z-ring. It just feels tacked on. Sophocles at least was kind of like a recurring thing.
  13. SerenaToAlola

Mallow really got the short end of the stick. Even her acquisition of the Z-ring was terrible.
  14. SerenaToAlola

Mallow's "getting" of Shaymin though not a bad idea in itself was so poorly panned out and kind of blemished the otherwise fantastic Poni Island arc imo. It's like they plonked it in the last episode just so Mallow had something to takeaway from their time there. On top of this being the nth...
  15. SerenaToAlola

Ash would have rocked Mega Sceptile! That little boy who got him instead was so annoying I wish he wasn't a thing. I would have replaced him with Wally and Mega Gallade.
  16. SerenaToAlola

I don't really know anything about Oak's Rotom but I don't mind the Rotom being a new Rotom cause my head canon is that Clemont is actually the person who developed RotomDex so there's still a bit of Clemont with Ash, even though he doesn't necessarily know it.
  17. SerenaToAlola

I thought Rotom leaving Ash was a huge missed opportunity in light of SM098. Overall, it felt like SM098 had very little awareness of Pokemon as an anime series since Ash never really stopped any of his Pokemon from leaving when they had to making it strange how he was suddenly not ok with Rotom...
  18. SerenaToAlola

Well I can't remember exactly but wasn't Ash the one that performed Solgaleo's Z-Move? Well in any case, my initial comment was left intentionally broad. I said handed not captured. :)
  19. SerenaToAlola

So aren't you being awfully pedantic by saying that he didn't have two legendaries handed to him?
  20. SerenaToAlola

Nebby and Poipole.
Back
Top Bottom