Search results for query: *

1. SerenaToAlola

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

West/South of the USA for Gen 9 followed by a direct sequel set in Central America for Gen 10 would be perfect imo.
  2. SerenaToAlola

Speculation Gen 9 Predictions (Development predictions, New Regions, Version names)

The odds for this is literally next to none but I hope it's just one version. Pokemon Platinum Dimensions. Nothing else that makes sense sounds quite right
  3. SerenaToAlola

I was right about the UK two Januarys ago but the amount of evidence towards it was overwhelming. Because of the DLCs, I feel like China and colder regions like Russia would be out. I also think that it'll be a drier region (something we haven't really had before) so that it's not too similar...
  4. SerenaToAlola

Australia has a massive asian population... Just because you don't know about Australia doesn't mean that most people around the world wouldn't. I personally think that an Australia region would be very cool. The outback would be a fantastic place for a wild area.
  5. SerenaToAlola

I think we are going back to America. Probably California and maybe a bit of Arizona and Mexico so Gamefreak can make another perfectly linear region like Galar. :bulbaLove:
  6. SerenaToAlola

I actually wouldn't have minded if Alola was full of such references. The Male Gardens was a nice touch. Also, Rainbow Rocket (even though it was only in USUM) was a great way to round off the anniversary celebrations imo.
  7. SerenaToAlola

But XY did those and got criticism... Gamefreak can just never win huh. I personally think the regional variants were a great way to celebrate the anniversary.
  8. SerenaToAlola

They're a Japanese company. They're never gonna touch Korea lol. High probability: Greek/Egypt, Australia, California, Japan again Medium: Mexico, Thailand, India
  9. SerenaToAlola

Well I was explaining why a South Asian region could become problematic so I don't see how that was off-topic or a deviation since these concerns are indeed part and parcel of whether a particular geographical space should be used as the settings for the next game. As above, I brought it up...
  10. SerenaToAlola

First of, by no means am I saying that there will be cultural appropriation. Rather, what I'm trying to say is that cultural appropriation talks is bound to occur. This doesn't give them a free pass to do whatever they want. France is also a dominant culture so it can't be appropriated since...
  11. SerenaToAlola

This is from two years ago and a minutia of the bigger discourse on whether it is problematic for a non-Japanese developer to make a game about Japan. Yes but South Asia and Japan being both from Asia doesn't mean that it wouldn't be problematic. K-pop and J-pop are both Asian as well and...
  12. SerenaToAlola

IMO, with the amount of backlash Ghost of Tsushima got (which IMO is unwarranted though I'm in no position to speak since I'm neither Japanese nor Japanese American), there's just gonna be a whole lot of discourse on cultural appropriation if the next region is set in South Asia. Once again...
  13. SerenaToAlola

I was talking about that as well. I felt like only Ballonlea served. Should have been a split version with Sirfetch'd as the Sword ver and Madame as the Shield ver. IMO.
  14. SerenaToAlola

Wait you think so? I feel like the British elements (particularly the Galar forms) are kind of on the nose and poorly executed as compared to what they did with Alola. I do agree with you on Leon, Hop and also Raihan (maybe Chairman Rose even?) being Poke-desi though.
  15. SerenaToAlola

Idk about that. Japan doesn't know any more about Indian culture than the UK or the US. Also, desi people are very, very vocal about cultural appropriation but WELL at least GF doesn't care much about fan backlash :wynaut:
  16. SerenaToAlola

I'm kinda afraid of how they'd approach an Indian region. There's gonna be a lot of cultural appropriation talks. :confused:
  17. SerenaToAlola

Psss. GameFreak is a Japanese company. :confused:
  18. SerenaToAlola

They're not popular tourist destinations for Japan. All of the regions so far have been,
  19. SerenaToAlola

not likely at all imo. I think the likely regions are China (HK), Greece/Egypt, Western/Latin America and maybe Australia or India.
Back
Top Bottom