• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Serpentsounds

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

I've begun watching the Kara no Kyoukai series of movies, and finished the very first one last night. First and foremost, the production value was spectacular. The art, animation, and sound were all something to behold. The backgrounds were truly awesome. The Type-Moon character designs were...
  2. Serpentsounds

I finished up Shirobako! I was rather impressed with it. Through all the stress and antics, it managed to keep it real. I was able to connect much more with the workplace setting than with some other anime I've watched recently. I also really appreciated how much went into making even the...
  3. Serpentsounds

I'm probably a little late on this, but I started watching Shirobako yesterday. I made it through episode 9 before I eventually drifted off to sleep. :P If nothing else, it's pretty educational. The character designs are also gorgeous. Before starting to watch, I had my eye on Ema, but Aoi has...
  4. Serpentsounds

Right? I was actually surprised by that twist at the end. I thought they were going to use the sci-fi bit to get the ball rolling, and then mostly forget about it, but it looks like there is more in store yet.
  5. Serpentsounds

I feel the same! I'm actually enjoying it much more than I thought I would. Not to say that it already doesn't have its fair share of shoujo flavor melodramatic moments. And some moments of really girly writing...for instance, at the end of this last episode where Kakeru giggles, exclaims...
  6. Serpentsounds

I've begun watching Aria: The Animation, and am about halfway through it. Surprisingly, the fact that absolutely nothing happens in this isn't even bugging me. At the beginning of one of the episodes, the main character says in a letter to her friend, something along the lines of "I'm taking it...
  7. Serpentsounds

I finished watching ReLIFE. I do understand that not all of the source material has been adapted, but it was still annoying that so many plot lines were opened up and very few of them were resolved to any degree. In fact, this whole series centered more around than anyone else, the damn...
  8. Serpentsounds

I watched the movie "Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.", a high school drama. Reading about it, it seemed well loved, but I found it pretty disappointing. I thought the premise would be cute at first, but I ended up thinking it was pretty dumb due to the fact that... Maybe I'm just finding it...
  9. Serpentsounds

I started watching ReLIFE, since they just sort of sprung the entire thing on us at once. I'm only about 1/3 through it, but I hope it ends up tying the sci-fi/fantasy premise from the first episode in a bit more tightly with the rest of the events. So far, it's only acted as a device to insert...
  10. Serpentsounds

I watched the movie Sakasama no Patema. My favorite thing about it was easily the sense of wonderment that only exploration in a scifi/fantasy title can bring, of which this had multiple great moments. Unfortunately, everything else about it kinda sucked. The rest of the plot was pretty...
  11. Serpentsounds

I finished watching Chihayafuru the other day. That wasn't quite a large enough dosage of karuta for me though, so I also knocked out season 2 right after. 50 episodes of extreme poetry, and I wasn't bored for a single minute of it! I guess I'll summarize my thoughts after watching: The...
  12. Serpentsounds

I watched the first 10 episodes of Chihayafuru. The subject matter doesn't interest me at all, as is par for the course with sports or pseudo-sports anime. But I don't watch them for the sports, I watch them for the drama! ;) So far all of the characters seem reasonably likeable in their own...
  13. Serpentsounds

I watched the beginnings of 3 different anime that I was checking out to follow this season. Dagashi Kashi was a bit of a letdown. Although it was only 1 episode, I developed a dislike for most of the characters, but I was especially annoyed by the script writing. The dialogue and gestures...
  14. Serpentsounds

Finished up Parasyte and the 2nd season of Log Horizon, as they both finished airing last week. Parasyte has been the most overrated show this season, receiving tons of praise all around. However, a lack of decent characters, wasted potential in the plot, blunt and preachy delivery of themes...
  15. Serpentsounds

Finished the final (74th) episode of Monster. I feel like 74 episodes may or may not have been slightly too long, as the show's pacing felt slow at many parts. However, with that slow pacing came an extremely detailed universe. The sheer number of characters that had significant development is...
  16. Serpentsounds

I've started a few new anime: Monster, Nisekoi, and Shiki. About halfway through Monster, and am really enjoying it so far. I love how much attention is put into the characters. Even the temporary characters are really fleshed out. About a third through Nisekoi, and I so far think it's...
  17. Serpentsounds

Started and finished Nagi no Asukara this week. I have to say that visually, this might just be the most beautiful anime I've ever seen. The character development was also great, even though there was a large ensemble with good diversity. There were a lot of good themes presented here, some...
  18. Serpentsounds

Finished watching Sword Art Online II. I feel like it was a notch above the first season (if only for the fact that it couldn't possibly trainwreck as hard as the latter half of said first season). I really liked the character Shinon introduced in the first arc. The last arc, while being a bit...
  19. Serpentsounds

Caught this week's episodes of Parasyte and Log Horizon. Parasyte has been looking up lately, in my opinion. I still think most of the characters aren't that great, but the story is really carrying everything through. Log Horizon also has some mildly interesting things going on story-wise, but...
  20. Serpentsounds

Finished up watching Umineko no Naku Koro ni, which I've been slowly but surely getting through. The music was great! The theme songs were good, and the soundtrack was even better. Unfortunately, that's about the only good thing I can say about it. While the opening arc showed some promise...
Back
Top Bottom