• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Search results for query: *

1. Shadao

Review XY131: Kalos League Victory! Satoshi's Ultimate Match!!

That's not Alain's problem. His mentality of "I must never lose" is the problem here. Ash having faith in his Pokémon doesn't always guarantee wins, I'm not saying that, but they can allow him to do things no one can expect. Far better than focusing on power. For Ash, it's to give it his...
  2. Shadao

Saying that Ash desires power is a bit of stretch for his character. He desires to be the best, but power is not his focus. When he focuses on power, he ends up losing badly. When he focuses on his faith to his Pokémon, he can go beyond the impossible. Alain focuses too much on power...
  3. Shadao

An interesting and well-thought out perspective for a character with good intentions. But I recall a similar situation with Ash not too long ago. It was the Wulfric Battle of the 8th Gym. Ash was determine to make Sawyer proud. To show why he is the trainer that Sawyer looks up to... ...And...
  4. Shadao

And thus he is a fool. A desperate fool poisoned by the influence of Team Flare. Doesn't change the fact that it is his fault. And Alain would not shift blame to someone else in regards to this crime. The enlightenment that Alain needs is not realizing Team Flare is evil. It's to embrace...
  5. Shadao

Alain was the reason why Z2 was captured in the first place. I think everyone knows that by now. And now we see Z2 destroy an entire city, tortured by Team Flare, the very organization that Alain works for. No matter how many people will try to shift blame, the point still remains that Alain...
  6. Shadao

Oh, that no one can disagree with. Ash wouldn't want to accept any trophies or badges without a fight. And considering that Ash-Greninja is in need of a little payback against Mega Charizard X, a rematch is all but assured.
  7. Shadao

But knowing him, he would give up the trophy and title out of guilt for his association with Team Flare. After all, how can he be worthy after all is said and done in the Team Flare Arc?
  8. Shadao

I believe it's because nearly all of Ash's character development and focus occurred in the Winding Woods episode, where he finally remembers why he wanted to be a Pokémon trainer in the first place. Once Ash made peace with himself, letting go of his urge to win no matter the cost, he masters...
  9. Shadao

No, Pikachu was only called out two times and stuck around to face Alain's ace Charizard (as Pikachu is the second strongest chance to take down the lizard). Goodra was brought to the battlefield first. Alain recalled Charizard and send in Bisharp. For Ash, bringing Greninja to deal with...
  10. Shadao

All the more reason why I don't believe it's status quo preventing Ash from winning for now. Let us remember about a few things: 1) Alain. Though he did beat Ash, he is no Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, or Tobias in terms of character. He has one distinct trait that makes him unique...
  11. Shadao

Not if that broadcast Greninja episode is anything to go by. And really, Alain will have to atone by battling Ash, the only trainer that has ever given him fun. As a means to remember the point of battling, and a means to atone for what he did to Ash (if the previews are any indications). And...
  12. Shadao

Which is why I speculate a rematch yet again.
  13. Shadao

But the League feeds his desire to be the strongest. Something that would be soured upon realizing where that path has taken him (Lysandre was the one who set him on that path). The championship would likely affirm him as the strongest. But depending on how the arc will go, it is likely for...
  14. Shadao

There is more to being a champion than simply being a straight winner. At least in Pokémon. The reason I deemed Alain to be unfit to be champion is his attitude and his little connection to Team Flare. Imagine the headlines of a champion who nearly destroyed Lumoise City by unwittingly aiding...
  15. Shadao

I think it has something to do with Alain's association with Team Flare. Notice how off the music and tone is to the scene? This is the Cerberus Syndrome. And I think the real match between Ash and Alain is during or after Team Flare.
  16. Shadao

To me, the only Pokémon that needs to be stronger against Alain is Greninja. Think about it. It was virtually an even match, down to the exact numbers of wins and defeats. The only difference was Greninja vs Charizard. And really, when you think about it, that's where it's ultimately going...
  17. Shadao

We have one leeway to all of this: Alain and Team Flare. They are true climax of the story, the culmination of many things not the League. And really, the only obstacle that Ash needs to personally overcome is Alain himself. I do wish the next few episodes airs today. I can't wait.
  18. Shadao

I like him because of how much of a fool he is following Team Flare, I hate him for not realizing that he's been fooled. It's a bit more complicated than that, but Alain is the type of character I love to hate. You know, I do want him to side with Team Flare now instead of realizing he's been...
  19. Shadao

He's not exactly a villain, more of an anti-villain. But the fact he hasn't comes to terms with the fact that Team Flare is evil and wants to turn Ash Ketchum into an Ash Battery by this point of the episode, I safely say he's not on my list of sympathetic characters. Thus I consider Alain to...
  20. Shadao

There's a scene where Ash is being crucified into some battery generator at sunset. There's also a scene of Alain looking down during that same sunset. Ash is calling out to Alain in the preview, meaning that Alain is likely present there. And if he is present there and not taken down by...
Back
Top Bottom