Search results for query: *

1. Shadao

Why Females (Girls, & Women) cannot win Pokemon League?

Given how fast it was going and that the series was apparently on a tight schedule, I'm not surprised they skimmed her over just like Trevor and Remo. When looking at the battles shown in the League, the time where Astrid would be viable to display for a full battle is Sawyer vs Tierno, but...
  2. Shadao

I agree that is more of the issue of the question being asked. With so many participants in the League, it is easier to make several female trainers take on the League rather than answering the forbidden question of the winner. I wouldn't say though that Astrid wasn't strong. She has beaten...
  3. Shadao

Oh that would be the case... if it weren't for the fact that a few channels broadcast and even talked about the previous shows. Such as the April 1st special. As well as the new 20th movie. Don't know about you, but if you remind the audience of older episodes and shows, getting away with...
  4. Shadao

And as a result, the "progressive" female League champion would anticlimactically amount to nothing. A hollow gesture to a bigger issue. Because in the end, she is not main protagonist of the League format, Ash is. That's why I saw no purpose in making Astrid the Kalos League victor. She...
  5. Shadao

I second the notion. The debate about having a female League tournament victor has just devolved over the same old argument over Pokémon Performances and Serena (again)... There's nothing else going for it other than whether or not people are willingly to put up with another League tournament...
  6. Shadao

I do wonder how long will it be before the thread goes off-topic again. There's nothing much else to say, especially with no League in sight.
  7. Shadao

And there be the problem. No matter what series he'll be in, Ash always occupies the main player's goal as he is the main protagonist of the show. Could the girls partaken Gym Battles and fight the League? Yes, of course. But it creates a redundancy as those female trainers will have to...
  8. Shadao

You know, if Ash is just a marketing tool rather than a character, why not make a new incarnation of Ash and change his gender? You'll hit two Pidgey with one Geodude. Win-Win. That is if Ashley Ketchum can win the League this time.
  9. Shadao

So what exactly are we suppose to get from the anime? Best role models? Realistic kids? Or just characters the writers want to explore? Really, this thread is not about Serena's goal and let her choose who she wants to be. Have another female character to be a battler, like say Bonnie. As...
  10. Shadao

So what are we suppose to expect from the anime then? If Serena is not a real girl with real preferences, just a marketing tool to promote stuff, then it opens a whole set of questions about the characters we follow in the anime. Namely, Ash. But that's another story. As for trends, yes it...
  11. Shadao

Perhaps it's just a coincidence. It's not like female trainers were banned from the League tournaments. It's just there's only winner in the League, and many fans are more invested in Ash rather than whomever ultimately wins in the tournament. I remember how Astrid was speculated/hoped to be...
Back
Top Bottom