Search results for query: *

1. ShinyFlareon

Writers' Workshop General Chat Thread

Like I said, it's just my personal feelings on the region. The narratives of Kanto and Johto, to me, felt more cohesive - but others might not feel the same, and that's cool. It just dissuades me from doing too much with Hoenn in my own writing.
  2. ShinyFlareon

To each their own. I'm not saying that Hoenn is a bad region, just that I find it dull. The individual towns don't have much going on with them, and they all feel disjointed - hence, the region as a whole felt like it had too many things going on, and none of them were really explored very...
  3. ShinyFlareon

It's not really the gimmicky nature of the towns that make Hoenn boring to me - well, not just them, anyway. I just...find the region overall to be rather dull. Lavaridge Town is probably my favorite city there, and there's really not much to it beside the gym. Plus, the story of Hoenn has way...
  4. ShinyFlareon

Heart of Crystal is pretty well dead, but Arceus preserve me, I kind of want to start up another nuzlocke fic. I have no idea what region to do, though. I know Kanto very well, but Kanto is really overdone and that could come around to bite me in the ass since I'd get so far ahead of myself in...
  5. ShinyFlareon

I wouldn't even call it entirely negative though. Every season is some kids' first, so while we have the benefit of 20 years of episodes to look back on, we do have to remember that we're really not the target audience. Just because we learned the same lessons first doesn't mean the kids just...
  6. ShinyFlareon

I think that having him rotate out the rest of his team besides Pikachu is a pretty good solution. It gives the show an opportunity to promote the new gen pokes, and gives Ash an excuse to actually struggle a little. Pikachu doesn't have that great HP or Defense, I usually write off early-region...
  7. ShinyFlareon

But at the level he would be at, he should pretty much only be facing off against legendaries by this point. I'm all for more consistency, but not if it means that the show turns into "Ash sends Pikachu out, he automatically wins."
  8. ShinyFlareon

Legitimate question, how exactly would it be more entertaining if Ash and Pikachu just steamrolled their way through gym after gym and region after region?
  9. ShinyFlareon

5th ed is amazeballs. It took everything that was good about 3.5 and 4th ed, then trimmed the fat WAY down and streamlined it all into something that didn't require a PhD and a magnifying glass just for the front page of the character sheet. I liked Pathfinder back when I played it, but...
  10. ShinyFlareon

Jiminy goshdang Christmas, is has been FOREVER since I logged onto the forums. Everything's so different, I feel like a time traveler. Glad to see this place is still around though. So, what's arisen from the heat death of the universe that's inevitably happened since the last time I was here?
  11. ShinyFlareon

Hey guys. Wanted to pop in and apologize for my long absence. Work has been...stressful, to say the least. Things are finally settling down, but it's just a calm before another coming storm. Let's just say that there's a very real possibility that, within the next few months, I could get...
  12. ShinyFlareon

One of these days I should actually post something in here again so that I can get in on all this sweet attention action.
  13. ShinyFlareon

Once I settle in to my schedule I should have more free time, but I was training a lot last week and my regular shift is Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights. I should actually probably be asleep now, but I just can't seem to get to sleep, and also Coro Coro just leaked.
  14. ShinyFlareon

Sorry for the absence, guys. I just started my new job, and I've spent most of the time either working or sleeping. I'm not gonna be able to get on as often, and I'm definitely not gonna be able to help with the lesson. Sorry.
  15. ShinyFlareon

I finally managed to get an interview and I start training for my new job on Monday (though technically my hire date is the day I finish training). Either way, I have a job, finally.
  16. ShinyFlareon

Congrats, Jibblets. You've earned it.
  17. ShinyFlareon

Hoenn confirmed.
  18. ShinyFlareon

Will I get paid for mowing it? Seriously, that's all I care about right now. I need a reliable, long-term source of income, and as long as it's legal I'm starting to not be too terribly picky about how I earn it.
  19. ShinyFlareon

Seconded, with a complete helping of bitterness. I'll take a job I hate over one more minute of unemployment any day...
  20. ShinyFlareon

I'm about to turn 24 at the end of the month, and Beausoleil is even younger than I am. He and I aren't actually very old, relatively speaking, but we've just been on the forums for a pretty long time.
Back
Top Bottom