Search results for query: *

1. ShinyFlareon

Simple Questions and Answers Thread for BST! (Read First Post)

But with Fairy-types like Azumarill and Togekiss running around, as well as a general increase in Ghost types thanks to the nerf on Steel types, I don't think that spamming Fighting type moves is going to be as effective as it was last gen. Power-up Punch allows me the flexibility to raise my...
  2. ShinyFlareon

Would it be worth it to run Power-Up Punch on a Belly Drum Azumarill over Superpower?
  3. ShinyFlareon

Is Claydol RU or UU, currently? It's analysis page on Smogon says it's UU, but I'm trying to put together an RU team and a lot of pages recommend Claydol as a teammate.
  4. ShinyFlareon

Heathcliff Huxtable Much obliged. Though I wonder if a Naive nature wouldn't work too? I ran some calcs with both natures and Naive seemed to still have enough power to KO all three of them with Power Whip.
  5. ShinyFlareon

If I want to use Tangrowth on a sun team with enough speed (assuming Chlorophyll and the sun is out) and physical attacking power to OHKO T-Tar, Politoed, and Hippowdon but still with enough defensive bulk to absorb a hit or two, what sort of nature EV spread should I use?
  6. ShinyFlareon

Re: Ninetales Moveset help If both you AND your friend are going to use Ninetales, I'd see if you have Hidden Power Rock, Ground, or Water.
  7. ShinyFlareon

Hasty's not the worst nature for a Crobat. It's defenses aren't that great anyway. As for it's moveset, I would replace Haze with a Poison move just for more STAB. I don't recall if Crobat gets Poison Fang or not, but that might be a good option. If a pokemon's holding a Flying Gem and uses...
  8. ShinyFlareon

Could you give some calcs for that please? What does constitute a "usual" Politoed set in Gen V?
  9. ShinyFlareon

Oh God...that's just depressing...thanks for the answer, though.
  10. ShinyFlareon

Bit of a competitive question here. In Gen V, can a Modest, max Sp. Attack Ninetails OHKO a max HP/max Sp. Defense Politoed with Energy Ball if it's holding a Scarf, or does it need Life Orb or Specs if it can do it at all?
  11. ShinyFlareon

If I'm EV training and I KO a pokemon, but get KOed by recoil, do I still get the EVs or no?
  12. ShinyFlareon

Been knocking around the idea of a Mixed Shaymin-S set. Naive@Life Orb EVs: ??? / 252 Spe -- Swords Dance -- Seed Bomb -- Air Slash -- Hidden Power Rock/Earth Power/Synthesis
  13. ShinyFlareon

Thank you. I guess I could test out Lava Plume a bit and see what happens, and if I don't like it, just replace it with Fire Blast? See, my main problem with Explosion is that it just feels wasteful. I get using it on a pokemon with really frail defenses, but Heatran's more than capable of...
  14. ShinyFlareon

Fine, fine, I get it, I'll keep the damn move. I just personally dislike Explosion. But my main question was whether or not I should replace Fire Blast with Lava Plume, not Flamethrower. Yes, yes, it runs into power problems, but the burn rate, I imagine, would be QUITE useful, especially on...
  15. ShinyFlareon

I'm thinking about a Heatran moveset for use on this team that I don't want to bump because I'm pretty sure that's thread necromancy. In place of the Heatran that's already there of course. Same nature and EVs as the one listed, but the moveset I'm thinking of replaces Fire Blast with Lava...
  16. ShinyFlareon

First of all, your friend is a filthy liar. I've used Jumpluff to GREAT success without ever having Sunny Day on it's moveset. Sleep Powder+Stun Spore+Encore+U-turn works WONDERS as a lead annoyer, and a +speed nature and 252 evs lets it outspeed Gengar even without sun. Secondly, it's a...
  17. ShinyFlareon

Hm...well, I would first of all switch Thunderbolt for something like Return (for STAB) or Ice Beam (nothing's immune to it, even though a few things resist it). Thunderbolt as your only attack leaves you helpless against Ground types. That said, I think you can ditch the Special Attack and...
  18. ShinyFlareon

Depends. What's the moveset, and what do you want this Jigglypuff to do?
  19. ShinyFlareon

All right...I'll keep him and breed him. You're sure Extremespeed gets passed down?
  20. ShinyFlareon

Ah...looks like the program to RNG is Windows-only. I'm on a Mac >.> Thanks anyway. You think I should keep trying and test my luck?
Back
Top Bottom