Search results for query: *

1. Silktree

Which series was the worst one?

I don't prefer BW/SM to DP/XY; they all have obvious flaws and I don't find their highs to be very good. In contrast, OS has some genuinely good highs (in my opinion, obviously) despite all the lows, while AG is just average (neither overrated or underrated). But DP and XY are put on a pedestal...
  2. Silktree

Considering how bare the movie coverage is, I see little to be optimistic. The less plot elements a movie has, the less there is to say about it. And what they have said is boring.
  3. Silktree

Very nicely put. I didn't feel like explaining all the flaws, but you did it for me. I'll just add that Team Flare and Zygarde failed to be compelling. They were just there until the very climax, which I'll always remember as that one time when everyone fussed over vines and a giant statue, lol.
  4. Silktree

They actually skipped over the first movie and only showed the following six movies. But does it matter if we didn't see it? There is also the possiblity that Yung got access to Dr. Fuji's old data, since he hacked into all databases in the world, supposedly. And the comparison to hacking is...
  5. Silktree

Yeah, the plot was not what I'd call good. But I'm grateful that at least Misty's last hurrah involved her being heroic.
  6. Silktree

I remember complaints about May telling Misty "sometimes I can do the right thing" when she saved her. I didn't mind except for the terrible line delivery.
  7. Silktree

Why did they even think that would fly? New VAs and nostalgia don't go hand in hand. They should have given the old ones their swan song, really...
  8. Silktree

Well, the movie leaves out all the past companions and the way it seems to implement Ho-Oh is hardly riveting stuff. Of course, Mastermind was made for the non-Japanese audience, and the opposite holds true for the movie. And Mastermind was so controversial due to the VA debacle.
  9. Silktree

Yeah, but I didn't want to use the special card since it's movie-like. I personally place Mewtwo Returns over the first movie, with the Entei movie being on top. Another great "filler" is Chikorita's Big Upset. Chikorita/Bayleef is easily Ash's best Pokemon personality-wise. The Blissey...
  10. Silktree

Since Johto is so old, I don't care about the good:boring ratio being unfavorable. I just rewatch the episodes that interest me. And I have no desire to do that for anything after the original series. The Jirachi and Lucario movies are cool, though.
  11. Silktree

The highlights of Johto easily beat anything from BW. Charizard's departure, Ecruteak lore/gym, Chikorita's evolution (and post-evolution), Bayleef vs. Poliwrath/Machoke, Whirl Cup, Lugia arc, Lake of Rage two-parter, Larvitar arc and the last two gyms (including the related episodes) and Johto...
Back
Top Bottom