Search results for query: *

1. Silktree

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I admit that I don't hate Trace thanks to the Cubone subplot, whereas most rivals are just "meh" to me. He could have used another cutscene with Cubone and some backstory, though. All we know is that he has always underestimated the player character despite being their friend.
  2. Silktree

I am not forgetting anything. As I said, just meeting Koga's requirement should be enough to have a decent chance of clearing the main story. It was typical to be very underleveled compared to the Elite Four in the original games if you didn't grind. And beating Pokemon senseless isn't more...
  3. Silktree

These games don't force you to maximize IVs or the shiny rate in any way. They just make it easier to do so without breeding. You can also finish the main story while only catching around 40 Pokemon (for Koga's gym, if you evolve around 10), making some battles challenging but not ridiculously...
  4. Silktree

Just reset their stats upon transfer, and give the player a fair warning in advance. Preferably give back a candy for every stat lost.
  5. Silktree

Virtually everyone here is going to buy a Switch eventually for future games, so buying one now is a long-term investment. You could wait for a new Switch revision, but who knows what that will entail.
  6. Silktree

Most LGPE players seem to play without candies, which Game Freak encourage by calling that "normal rules". Isn't getting 200 candies for six stats ridiculously time-consuming, even with species candies? Let the Magikarp trainer have their fun. That's debatable, as the difference between 500...
  7. Silktree

It isn't a minor thing for a female player who felt that Kris was the first player character she could relate to. I feel the same way about Red and Chase. They look similar enough, but I know that they're different and that ticks me off. Of course, the worst culprit is Trace since he actually...
  8. Silktree

I've seen people complain about it. Maybe NPCs weren't initially programmed to use items or something.
  9. Silktree

Kusaka also had Crystal mock her new clothes, so you can tell that he wasn't very happy about doing anything with Lyra. The HGSS arc was already rushed without accounting for a new protagonist.
  10. Silktree

But at least I can assume that Ethan is the "canon" PC, which GS would imply. I think you mean Kris' prototype sprite from Crystal, which Game Freak revealed in 2010 (I don't think it's in the data at all). She looks plain and I don't see a resemblance to either of the two girls, but then it's...
  11. Silktree

The latter, lol. But he didn't admit as much, and the two aren't mutually exclusive. I'm rather thankful for that because Lyra has the worst attire and role as an NPC. Hardly fitting for the first female protagonist.
  12. Silktree

Yes. This is still worth pointing out, especially as the Switch is a hybrid.
  13. Silktree

That isn't the only reason, or even the main one. The Switch has significantly lower sales (5.5 million) in Japan than in America (9.1 million). When the 3DS was the same age, Japan had a slight advantage over America (7.94 vs 7.38) which was sharper by XY's launch (15.89 vs 14.58). One of...
  14. Silktree

Worldwide speaking, yes. Sales are weaker in Japan (although they're on par with Splatoon 2 in terms of fastest first-week sales for Switch games), probably because Go wasn't that big a phenomenon there, which can be explained in terms of the Pokemania never having really died in the first...
  15. Silktree

The debate is silly when Masuda has said that he will consider sequels if LGPE do well, so those references weren't inserted in a vacuum. And some of those parents didn't play GSC, and even if they did, they wouldn't necessarily remember Archer for obvious reasons. He had a different design and...
  16. Silktree

LGPE are aimed at kids first and foremost. They haven't played a Johto game yet.
  17. Silktree

I am not sure what the appeal of a new region with just or mostly old Pokemon would be, at least for a catching-driven game. That wouldn't quite give the sub series its own identity, either.
  18. Silktree

Concept artwork for the "real" Kanto protagonists and rival is out. I like it even though their heads are too big.
  19. Silktree

First of all, you were talking about a scenario where they sold the same number of units as ORAS. For some reason you think they need to do better, which is silly. Secondly, LGPE are more expensive - about twice as much on average due to the popular Poke Ball Plus bundle. 10 million units would...
  20. Silktree

That isn't how profit works.
Back
Top Bottom